PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My child goes to this school and I love the rich and loving learning environment they have created. Their philosophy is to teach the "head, heart, and hands." As a result, not only is my child learning the regular school stuff, but she is also learning how to be a better person. I also love the way our values are supported by the school and other families-- healthy nutrition, care for the environment, mindfulness, protecting childhood, simplicity parenting, and the list goes on. It's such a good, wholesome environment filled with good people and amazing teachers who give 200% every day. We are so fortunate to have a Waldorf school in our community.

We didn't think we were Waldorf people at first, but we were wrong! This school has changed our son's life. He loves his teacher, loves learning, enjoys each of his 15 classmates. He had issues in early childhood at this school with an aggressive peer and the school handled it beautifully and now my son gets along with his former bully. As far as learning goes, we've been amazed. The teachers talk with us about his gifts, in addition to what he needs to work on. They understand kids at this school and keep them moving and engaged. My son's favorite classes? Handwork (sewing), Spanish and Music. We could not be happier and are purposefully not moving from the area until he graduates from their 8th grade.

While this school uses the brand name, Waldorf, it is far from a Waldorf school. Children are treated as second-class citizens. I made the mistake with one of my children, but not the other. In a word, terrible. One or two good teachers and certainly an administration without class. Don't let this school ruin your children!

I have three boys in this school from 7th grade to kindergarten. It flat out works for us. As a parent what I see is great blend of strong academics plus emphasis on music, art, play, language skills and handwork. They are teaching my kids how to learn and the boys simply love it. My son cried last year when he was sick and couldn't go to school. The faculty make it engaging, relevant and fun. It works for us.

I have been a parent at Spring Garden for 10 years. I love the way my children experience learning through this incredible curriculum. The school is a great community and the relationships that are established here are truly lifelong. My children love school and enjoy learning. They are learning to work collaboratively and are able to engage with people. When they graduate from SGWS, I know that they will be prepared for the challenges in high school, college, and beyond, in large part, because of their experience at Spring Garden.

Spring Garden Waldorf School has been a wonderful, nurturing place for our children to spend their childhoods. My daughter entered as a first grade student and continued through 8th grade graduation. She was very quiet in the beginning because she never wanted to be wrong. Her teachers worked to educate the whole child so that she is now enrolled in an International Baccalaureate program in a large high school, has talents in drawing, music, drama, and dance, is a motivated student and gets along well with others. My son has also attended since first grade. His teachers have worked with him to accommodate his strong academics but sometimes awkward social skills. I can't say that my children never experienced any bumps in the road because that isn't realistic. I have found the staff to be dedicated and responsive to my childrenn's needs. Because of this school, my children are developing to their full potential. What more could a parent wish for?

Spring Garden is a wonderful environment that teaches children to love learning, not memorize a bunch of facts and figures. Call any Akron HS and ask what they thing of entering freshmen who attended SG. These kids think for themselves and lean to be independent minded. My kids have thrived and respect adults, themselves, and other children. I also know that kids leave this school and enter honors programs. While I agree the building and grounds need work, no amount of money can buy the warm feeling you get when you walk into this school or the joy you sense if you observe recess for 10 minutes.

A Waldorf school in Ohio??? I was skeptical, but I have been pleasantly surprised. This school provides a warm, safe, nurturing environment for children with hands-on learning experiences. True to Steiner methodology, children are fostered, not pushed. I have really been won over by this schools amazing sense of community. I was immediately warmly welcomed to the informal parent community. I am one of several families who call northeastern Ohio home BECAUSE of this school.

My child had a problem with bullying as well. Luckily, the bully left the school. My biggest problem is that the school is not well maintained. Frankly, it looks like a dump.

My son has been bullied by another student for several years. The teachers do nothing to help my son. They have told us that it is our son's fault that he is bullied. The administration tells us "Your son needs to be more aggressive with the other boys." What do they mean by that? Do they want our son to fight back? My husband and I had decided to finally remove our son from this school. Our son is doing well at his new school.

Last modified Spring Garden Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8