Bad
Good

We are happy with Harris School. The teachers are really good with the kids, and communicate well with the parents. The PTA organizes a lot of fun programs. We like the size of the school (only a few classes in each grade). The lunches are free and all-day kindergarten is free.

I am almost disgusted at this school. I think the teachers do a wonderful job with what they have to work with. The school looks like it should be condemned. My son was in 1st grade with 43 other students. he had two teachers to compensate but the kids were packed in like sardines.The classrooms get very hot in fall. My child has come home drenched in sweat. Now tell me how someone can learn in conditions like that. The school this year is on academic emergency but the school sent out a flyer stating they were on academic watch. And make sure you watch your children closely walking in the parking lot. Its very dangerous. People drive crazy My kids almost got hit twice.

I was initially impressed with Harris and chose it above the other schools in the area for my son--we even went through open enrollment so he could attend because we didn't live in the right area. But now I am researching other schools because I am not happy. Kindergarten here is great--Miss Huffman is wonderful!--but first grade and up is not. After kindergarten, each grade seems to be all about doing photocopied worksheets for every subject all of the time. No creativity on the part of the teachers, no individualized teaching, no fun in the classroom. Nothing to motivate kids to want to learn at all. My son loved school when he first started in kindergarten; now he hates it...and I really cannot blame him seeing what his school day and work is like. I hope I can find a school in which the teaching is more inventive and motivational.

Harris Elementary has turned into a poor school, I used to be a student at Harris and I have watched this school go bad. I have taken my children out of Harris because of the poor teaching ability and the way they do not pay attention to the students. This school needs a good wake up and realize they have fallen.

I am a parent who has taken my children out of Harris School due to the poor teaching skills, saftey, and rudeness of staff. I have never recieved a newsletter that talked about the students. Would not suggest to attend this school.

Last modified Harris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.