Summit Academy Community School For Alt Learners O 2

Posted July 23, 2014
Enrolled my child in this school last year after he was struggling in the mainstream school. Local elementary would not accept the fact that he had a learning disability. Summit Academy tested him and determined that there was a definite issue and an IEP was established. Finally, someone was listening to my concerns! That's where it ends. My child has ADHD with horrible problems focusing. A school where children have behavior issues is NOT where he needs to be. I was receiving feedback from the teachers that the he was "one of the best students". Sure, he's well bahaved but how about teaching him how to comprehend reading, tell time, count money! He failed the OAA test... twice. He is now over 6 months BEHIND the other kids in his class but still promoted to the 4th grade. WHAT?!?!? I am moving him BACK to his local elementary, with his IEP, and getting him the help he needs to catch up. All he got out of Summit Academy was the IEP that I couldn't get anywhere else. I'm afraid I didn't really do him any favors by moving him to this school. :-(

Posted September 19, 2008
Awesome...I have a child with Aspergers. She excels here!

Summit Academy Community School For Alt Learners O 4

Posted September 19, 2008

Summit Academy Community School For Alt Learners O 0

Posted September 15, 2007
My son has just started at Summit Academy Elementary this year. I am very impressed with the dedication of the staff. I am hopeful that he will thrive in this environment where all of the teachers, mentors and principal show him daily that they want him to succeed.

Posted April 19, 2007
My son is a student in the Middle School area and is in a class of 6 students, it is wonderful. He is thriving in this new evironment and while no place is perfect, he enjoys school again. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! If your child need an alternative learning atmosphere to excell this is spectacular.

Posted March 17, 2004
My son has improve in his reading. He has made the honor roll twice. The childern that go to this school are all adhd children. The teachers and mentors have had to learn how to deal with this children. The childern take martial arts this teaches them to respect the teacher and mentors. It also teaches them discipline. The school also has every month for the parents how to disipline the child this is how we keep the childern in school by attacking the problem. Last year we had 3 or 4 childern that passed the profiency test.

Summit Academy Community School For Alt Learners O
88 Kent St, Akron, OH  44305
Last modified Summit Academy Community School For Alt Learners O is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit Academy Community School For Alt Learners O Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.