Coventry Middle School 4

Posted April 01, 2011
I am a little worried about the student that wrote their review. He or she goes on to talk about what a wonderful school Erwine is, but he or she cannot spell very well. I was a former student also, The school system over all is wonderful, and it is a place where teachers really do care (well,, most of them), but the bullying they allow to happen there has to stop! I went there for 5 years (yes, I failed a year) and in that time period, I was pushed down 3 flights of stairs, hit, kicked, teased constantly and it got to a point where I would barely go to class. I used to be so upset because the principle (at the time, is not there now), would just say go back to class. I will say that the principle there now is a great teacher and an excellent principle. She started teaching at Erwine, and became the principle. She turned the school around academically and put Coventry on the map! If you want your child to get a one of a kind educational experience, Erwine is the school to send them to!

Coventry Middle School 1

Posted March 29, 2011
How about a review from a FORMER student. I am now 39 years old. I arrended this school 6 - 7th grade. Maybe it's been changed now but when I went there was alot of bullies with other kids and to add to that the teachers would bully the kids. I've seen teachers yell at the kids as they pick up the desk they are sitting at and slam it back down. I've seen kids get yelled at for walking between the teachers as they talked in the hallway to each other. All my years I had to move to different schools due to parents transfering jobs, this is by far the worst school. To this day I still think back and would like to see some of those so called teachers as an adult. They think you are just a little kid, a nobody at the time. As far as learning? I didn't learn a darn thing. I remember a few teachers that would just sit there as you read to yourself the whole class period. I can do that at home! As a kid, you can't fight the system. You can't report teachers as noone will believe you. Only thing I can say is ASK your child about the teachers. Parents never do that. It's not always the other kids that bully. Kids will be kids.. adults know better.

Posted October 31, 2009

Posted October 31, 2009
very very good. everyone is nice and the teachers are amazing

Coventry Middle School 0

Posted September 05, 2009
This is a great school...... but some of the students is the problem... there is a lot of bullying at this school ... the rules need to be changed!!!!!

Posted August 30, 2009

Posted March 20, 2009
Ok im now in 7th grade at erwine it is a wonderful schoo.L i was open an rolled from akron schools. My grandparents said they would make the change again it was the best choice they ever made. All the teachers care about each and everyone of us. They are working hard to prepare us for the oat in a cupple of weeks and they are doing a great job at it. I just hope that all u parents will read this and think about bringing ur kids to coventry... Go cometssss....Go blue

Posted June 30, 2008

Coventry Middle School 4

Posted June 02, 2007
I love Erwine! I'm currently moving on to the Jr. High and I can't tell you how much I'm going to miss all the teachers! They don't treat you like nobody's. They care! We have Team Challenges and sports tournaments so we aren't so bored and have something to look forward to doing. All my friends and I will miss Erwine so much it's ridiculous! To all future students at Erwine, enjoy it while your there! GO COMETS! -Hailee Sellers class of 2012

Posted September 28, 2006
There is nothing on this site to state this, but Erwine won the 'school to watch' award which is a wonderful statement about the quality of education this school provides. If you want a quality education I highly recommend Erwine.

Contact Information

1135 Portage Lakes Dr
Akron, OH 44319

Coventry Middle School
1135 Portage Lakes Dr, Akron, OH  44319
Last modified Coventry Middle School is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coventry Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.