Bad
Good

Posted November 15, 2011
I Love this school. Thenk Jesus Christ From on High for Miller South School for the Visual and Performing Arts.

Posted April 29, 2010
This is my child's first year at Miller South and we have been very impressed. The children are taught in a creative environment and they are encouraged to express themselves. The teachers used varied and creative methods to teach the kids all subjects from an Arts perspective. The school is very strong academically and the Arts programs are amazing.

Posted April 26, 2010
I have 2 girls at Miller South. They are thriving & love their focus groups. Teachers allow the kids to artistically be individual, Yet collective as a school should be. The faculty are very proud of their arts. I have seen these kids create,act,sing&dance like professionals. The point of Miller South is to accelerate them to a higher level of their craft & i think these teachers do an Excellent Job !!!!

Miller-South Visual Performing Arts 2

Posted August 20, 2009
We were disappointed with our experience at Miller South. The teachers, quality of education and art programs are fantastic--we will miss those experiences. However, the administration is poor and models inconsistent and immoral behaviors. The discipline procedures are unrealistic and innapropriate for the age level. And it is in a really dangerous neighborhood. The negatives of this school far outweigh the benefits. This could be an awesome place with appropriate leadership.

Posted August 24, 2008
The students are amazing and dedicated. It is a joy to have students so willing to learn in a unique and creative environment. We are living proof that integrating the arts with academics truly enhances learning. We need to have a principal that believes in the program as well, then we will again be the strong school we once represented.

Posted July 20, 2008
I love going to Miller South!! It's the best thing that's ever happened to me! I'm so happy I made it in and I'm glad we found it!!

Miller-South Visual Performing Arts 4

Posted July 02, 2008
I like Miller South, the teachers the students, and the art areas.. It is what every school should have.I went to this other school before coming in 5th grade last year and it was one of the most smallest schools ever. I lve Miller South and I hope any youngster and there parents that read this should have there child try out. If you do not make it, it is a good experince to try out. So I say that I love it here!!!I love trying out for plays,show choir,playing in band, and having aa good learning lesson everyday!!!!!!!!

Miller-South Visual Performing Arts

Posted August 04, 2007
I went to Miller South for Middle School and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I was able to cultivate my music skills as well as recieve a pretty good education. The teachers really cared for the students and it was easy to develope good relationships with them (I am still in contact with some of them). The fact that the arts are intergrated into the class really provides and unique and successful learning invironment. Also when I was there the feeling of community was great. All the assemblies and various activities that we would do throughout the year were just one more of the great opportunites that this school provided for me.

Posted July 27, 2007
This school is amazing! It is like a mini college art school. The teachers know how to deal with artistic children which we all know learn and think differently. There are not enough good things to say about the school, teachers and the students!!

Posted October 26, 2006
Our son attended this school. Although he received a good education he did find the low number of male faculty members to be troubling. The faculty ratio seems to be about 90% female / 10% male. Boys need to have male role models in their lives. We found the faculty to be very dedicated & highly qualified.....but the faculty M/F ratio did affect our son in a negative manner. This school needs to increase faculty diversity.

Miller-South Visual Performing Arts
1055 East Ave, Akron, OH  44307
Last modified Miller-South Visual Performing Arts is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.