Bad
Good

Prior to this school, our boys went to Montessori. And WOW, I can't begin to say how much they've expanded their minds in the 3 years that we've been attending here. What struck me the most was that the teachers are actually friendly and involoved, this was a very new experience for us. The most amazing thing to me was the principal. When leaving an e-mail/voice mail, prior to attending, she actuallay contacted us back immediately. My first few weeks at the school, I was waiting in the lobby to take my son to the dentist. She approached me and asked how my sons were doing. I was impressed that she knew their names, it's those kind of personal touches that make the difference. The parent/grandparent involvement at this school is unlike any I've ever seen. Their Watch DOGGs program gets the fathers involved, parents help w/Santa Shop, school fund raising events and can come have lunch with their child anytime. I love that my boys are positive about school, their reading levels and math levels are well beyond their current grade. The kids here seem grounded and have good family values. Bullying is not tolerated at all. There is no favoritism, all students are treated equally.

Last modified Franklin Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.