Bad
Good

Posted March 22, 2010
I am a concerned Grandparent of a very intelligent and energetic 7 year old. My daughter has repeatly tried to be a part of the volunteer and school system but is shut out of volunteering at every attempt. I see that the volunteers have rated themselves high at this school. The fact is however, if the volunteers were working with all who offered, the educational levels would rise. From seeing facts on this page and hearing my upset daughter, I feel the volunteers are 'a click' and do not realize how they're hurting the school and the education of their own children. I was a PTA President in my day. I always listened to all volunteers, used the talents they brought to the table and the ideas that would help our school be the best on the east coast! Everyone worked together! I wish State Road Elementary could do this too!

Michigan Primary School

Posted October 01, 2008
Parents and Teachers with a positive attitude will have a positive effect on the students and on the entire school environment. We owe it to our children. Where are the positive comments on all aspects of our school...the students, the teachers and the parents? Certainly there are many good things about each group. It is our job to look for them and take notice of these good things. If we emphasize the positives, we will certainly become a better school for everyone. Thank you to the parent in 2007 who noticed the positives and mentioned them. Let's hear more about the great team we have at State Road Elementary that is composed of students, parents and staff. Let's meet this challenge now! I know we can do it! Go State Road members!

Michigan Primary School 3

Posted March 28, 2007
I agree with the previous ratings that the principal is weak--still. Some of the teachers are very good. They care about the progress of their students and communicate on a very regular basis with parents. Others are poor, to say the least, and do not communicate when your child needs help, but they have a weak leader and are protected by the union. (Unfortunately,that is a problem with all the schools in the system.) They do have an academic coaching program after school for children who need it, which I think is great. There really isn't any other extracurricular other than the occasional after school discovery program. I am really impressed with the parent/PTO involvement and creative fundraising methods at this school. My kids are safe there; discipline could be better. Not the best school for special needs. The AACS grading system is terrible, worthless, and doesn't give incentive to improve.

Posted April 25, 2005
I couldn t agree more with the first review, I don't know why no one calls about your child s progress until you find their report card has bad grades, the teachers are terrible and the principal is weak. If they put half the attention on teaching I wouldn't have to write this, another disturbing thing is when a child does ask for help the response is not my problem, now it is!

Posted April 25, 2005
I am appalled by the insufficient teaching ability of the upper class teachers of this school. No one will contact you about problems with anything that concerns the work of students, they rather have meetings to tell you they can t control the kids. I think they need to get back to teaching instead of undermining them, Calling a child names and undermining them does nothing more then lower their self esteem. This whole school is lacking the professionalism for the children that it deserves, let some one step in that can do this for our kids sake.

Posted January 31, 2005
I feel this school is lacking in the area of special education. The Principal is weak in her leadership skills. The teachers are rude and sarcastic to the students and parents. Not many after school activities offered. I get calls for minor things, but no calls for illnesses or my child struggling in certain areas. Instead my child is scolded and made to feel unliked and stupid. I feel this school needs to be evaluated for it's quality of teaching and leadership. We don't need another silly sock day, backwards day or such. We need to focus on reading, writing and arithmatic. My child's special education needs a minimumly met. They put little thought into class assignment and my childs needs to function in a class with children without special needs.

Michigan Primary School