Leighton Elementary School 3

Posted January 18, 2014
I don't understand how they get the ratio of 18 students per teacher. My child has NEVER been in a class with less than 26 students, which, in my opinion is too many.

Leighton Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2012
not good at all, when i went there 3 years ago, i was struggling really hard in all subjects, i then had to go to tutoring it was so hard. i was bullied by everybody in the school, i only had 1 friend. this school is very hard i really struggled. the teachers were very mean and strict. the kids are very rude and mean. Aurora has a very bad school system. and only the rich kids get treated well. the remainder get harassed. this school was an absolute nightmare for me. ---Submitted by a student.

Leighton Elementary School 1

Posted August 11, 2012
worst school ever, i was beaten, bruised, and bullied by other kids there, the education there is very hard, i had to have tutoring it was so hard! the kids there are very mean and disrespectful. i do not reccomend this school at all.

Posted June 07, 2009

Posted February 11, 2009
I want to clear up something in another parent's review: Team teaching means TWO teachers, hence 25:1, not 50:1, and it's used to maximize the learning in the classroom, putting students of similar strengths together for different subjects. Please take that review with a grain of salt, as it sounds a little like sour grapes. Aurora has a phenomenal school system, and I have been more and more pleased with the schools as my children are growing. The parents are involved and welcomed. I feel very lucky that we moved here, and have nothing but good things to say about the schools and staff.

Leighton Elementary School 4

Posted December 08, 2008
While the school does seem focused on hitting the goals set by the state exams - those state exams are testing baseline performance in mathematics and reading. So if you think a laser like focus on reading and math is good you will not be disappointed. Although my child is in the third grade and I have not been to all the classrooms in the school, I don't know where you could put 50 kids except for the gym and cafeteria. All the classrooms I have seen have space for about 20 children (plus or minus five) Although I do not volunteer I know parent's regularly participate in my child's class.

Posted October 03, 2008

Leighton Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2008
I had high hopes and had heard nothing but positive about the school when we came to Aurora. I cannot stress enough what a disappointment the administration and teaching was for my child. There are many extra programs available, which is a plus. The academics focus solely on achieving state testing scores and the teachers who achieve those scores are regarded highly by the administration regardless of their concern for the individual child. PTO is active, but parents are typically not welcome in the classroom. Many of the classrooms are team-teaching classrooms and there are upwards of 50+ children all together throughout a large portion of the day and both teachers aren't necessarily in the room at the same time. A teacher to student ratio of 50:1 doesn't seem conducive to learning. It is a very big disappointment given all the support the families give this school system.

Posted July 27, 2007
This school is amazing! Teacher's are dedicate to the children. There are (free) tutors (in most subjects)for student's to utilize. The educational assistance is abundant. Not only are there tutors, there are clubs and there are numerous volunteer opportunities for the kids as well. We regret moving but were glad for the time spent in this school.

Posted June 16, 2007
The quality of education at Leighton is terrific. There are programs to meet the needs of all students, whether they have learning disabilities or are gifted or fall into the middle. Students have access to band, orchestra, or general music twice weekly, as well as P.E. twice and art once weekly. 5th graders can join the choir if they choose. The PTO has a high level of participation in the school as well as teachers using parents for help in the classroom. It's a great place and I'm proud to send my children to Leighton!

Leighton Elementary School
121 Aurora Hudson Rd, Aurora, OH  44202
Last modified Leighton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leighton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.