Hopewell-Loudon Local High School 4

Posted February 14, 2011
I am an alumni of Hopewell-Loudon, and I feel that overall the school is exemplary. I feel that the teachers are enthusiastic, helpful, approachable, and knowledgeable. During my experience as a student in this school, I found that the administration seemed unapproachable and didn't always have the best interest of all students in mind. They clearly favored some students (particularly those with familiar family names) over others. Discipline was inconsistent and sometimes unfair. They were not good at praising the great achievements of successful students, either. Certain sports teams were more appreciated than others, and students who excelled in other areas (art, band, choir, quiz bowl, etc.) were not often acknowledged. The teachers make this school a great place to learn and grow. Thankfully, the administrators didn't come out of their offices enough to ruin my great experiences. For the teachers and students, I give a 5-star A+. For the administrators, I would put them below average.

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted October 30, 2008

Posted July 31, 2008

Hopewell-Loudon Local High School 3

Posted April 12, 2008
Overall this school is pretty much ok. But, the administration has taken some actions that I feel they shouldn't have. For example, allowing High School students to eat lunch before Elementary students is totally wrong. Another thing is wanting to completely exempt 8th grade students from High School Marching Band because 'The high-schoolers will pick on them.' No they do not. Band is one of those things where people actually DO cooperate. We really DO need these 8th graders to be trained up by their Freshman year, and only 12 weeks in their 8th grade year isn't cutting it. Something else that bugs me is if your name isn't a very popular one or if you're in a class such as band or if your not in a sport of any type that parents, staff, and peers look down upon you. That's crap.

Posted March 26, 2008
I am very disappointed in Hopewell-Loudon and it's leadership. Administration does not show any sort of leadership abilities. There is alot of bullying going on in the school with little to no disipline in regards to the bullies. If your last name is not recognized in this school, you are shunned and treated in a completely different manner than kids with last names that are recognized. Even most of the teachers get in on this little game. The school is not kept clean and the environment is not appropriate for young children. Teachers do not keep their kids under control, for the most part, again, unless it is someone with an unrecognized name, then the disipline is above and beyond what is necessary. Not impressed in the least.

Hopewell-Loudon Local High School 1

Posted February 06, 2008

Hopewell-Loudon Local High School 3

Posted February 07, 2007
My children attend this school and for the most part really do like it. Most of the teachers are very helpful and willing to take the extra time needed to help. I to have a problem with the way some students are treated compared to others. I am not fond of the 'card pulling' because I don't think it really helps. I also do not agree in the way the school calculates final grades on the report cards.

Posted February 17, 2005
I am a parent of two kids in hopewell -loudon school. I sent them to this school for a better education and better enviroment. I am currently not impressed with the school and I am thinking about pulling my kids out. Yes there are some wonderful teachers but the majority I am not impressed by. I do not feel there is much disipline at the school either. There is alot of kids being bullied and nothing is done. And if your last name isn't recognized the parents and teachers shun you.(not all but the majority) Overall I am not happy with the school.

Posted December 07, 2004
- a former student

Hopewell-Loudon Local High School
290 North Co Rd 7, Bascom, OH  44809
Last modified Hopewell-Loudon Local High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hopewell-Loudon Local High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.