Bath, OH
Before care: Yes

Posted April 01, 2011
The purity of a relationship is directly proportional to the undivided attention we give to those shared moments, hours and experiences while being there with one another. The communion between faculty, students, parents and grandparents at Old Trail School is the celebration of outstanding nurturing of life and education. It quickens the heart and ushers in a serenity and peacefulness that is felt from the moment you walk through the doors. Over the years, my husband (who is a 4th generation business owner) and I have had experiences with many public and private schools. With help, we eventually home schooled our children. Today, we have two grandchildren in Old Trail School and starting them in an atmosphere of peace and love was as important to us as an outstanding academic education. These are the engrained traits we know will be carried forward into the next generation.

Posted March 21, 2011
Both my children graduated from Old Trail and the experience was outstanding. Academically and socially the environment was nurturing and supportive. The transition to High School was smooth with the value of the Old Trail education becoming clear. We spent 11 years as Old Trail parents and rate it as one of our best ever investments.

Old Trail School 3

Posted March 14, 2011
LOOK ELSEWHERE!! My children went there for 2yrs and believe me, you can get a better education somewhere else, considering the tuition. They organize the primary school based on administrative purposes, not the needs of your child. I've talked to many parents and learned how discouraged they have become with this school in recent yrs. Your child has to be 3.6 yrs for PS or 5.6 yrs for KG by September 1, or they will put them in a junior class and charge another year of tuition. They allow 24 kids in a KG class, and have reduced special classes like swimming to once a month b/c of the number of kids. They also do not use Ohio standardized tests so you can't make good educational comparisons. I volunteered many days at the school and for PS, and KG, it looks very much like glorified daycare. Don't listen to the hype for this school.

Posted December 30, 2010
I'm a current eighth grader in the process of finding a high school. I have been at Old Trail my whole educational life and I have no regrets, and as the person below me also said it is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me. There are outstanding academics, sports, people, and opportunities that have been offered to me at Old Trail. I come from an incredibly smart competitive grade, in which the teachers expect a lot from, but I have to say that this has only prepared me for future education and challenges that will be presented to me. I absolutely love Old Trail and will miss it with all my heart. Yeah OT!

Posted May 23, 2010
I'm a current eighth grader about to graduate. I have been going to Old Trail since preschool and I have to say that it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Of course there have been ups and downs throughout the years (especially seventh grade which is normally the grade where everyone hates it here) but in the end, I have to say OTS is an outstanding school. There are so many opportunities available for students and the teachers are incredible. I come from one of the smallest grades in the school (48 kids in the Class of 2010) and we are all incredibly close. As I wrap up my last 2 weeks and Old Trail I can truly say that I am going to miss the classes, the teachers, the students, and just about everything. I love Old Trail ridiculously much. Go buffalos!

Old Trail School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Old Trail nurtures mind, body, social relationships and the environment while viewing each child as a unique and dynamic learner.

Posted February 09, 2009

Old Trail School 4

Posted April 25, 2006
Our son went to OTS for pre-school. I credit the school for giving him a solid foundation not just on basic academic skills but more importantly on enhancing his social skills. He became very comfortable dealing with his classmates and his teachers. This has proven to be very useful in his adjustment when we trnasferred himt o his current school. We also liked the teachers' emphasis on problem solving in a team setting. The children were encouraged to think of creative and original solutions with minimal assistance from their instructors. Finally, OTS had a very close knit community where everyone knew everyone else from the parents, the staff, the faculty, the administration, and the students.

Posted February 13, 2006
This is a great school both academically and sports. The level of parental involvement is extremely high. The only problem would be if your child does not mesh with the small group of children in his or her grade.

Posted January 19, 2006
Old Trail School is a nuturing school with excellent academic and extracurricular offerings. It average class size is 18 students and this allows for the students to get a lot of individual attention. The extras, phys. ed., swim, fine arts, performing arts, and foreign language programs are outstanding.

Old Trail School