Beavercreek, OH

Posted October 24, 2014
This is our first year at Main; my daughter is in the 5th grade. Mrs. Villers and Mrs. Napier are outstanding! They teach organization--a very important life skill. The students each have organizers and are taught to write their assignments in them. They respond quickly to e-mails. I've been very happy with how much my daughter has learned in the first 2 months. Specials each day--art, music, library, tech, and PE once a week. Students each received an iPad this year with apps customized for each student's level. Met the principal at the open house at the beginning of the year. He was helpful (about cafeteria, buses, etc) and approachable. The front office personnel are very nice. Bus driver is great and on time. My daughter hasn't mentioned any incidents of bullying, inappropriate behavior, swearing, etc., as we've experienced in previous schools. Their DARE program is great. I do wish they had a few more after school activities. Currently, there is bowling, running club, choir, and art. Art is only for 3rd graders. Overall, an excellent school and I've only had positive experiences with the teachers and administrators.

Posted January 22, 2014
With a brand new entrance this year, the safety concerns mentioned earlier have been fixed. We've been here two years. We are a military family and I'm very active in the school as a volunteer and PTO member. I've NEVER once seen an example where the children were asked to sit while an issue was investigated before pulling the alarm. We've had a few minor incidents this year and every time they err on the side of caution. The teachers are great. I can recommend Pugnale, Horney, Barnaba, Callahan, and Thompson. The librarian, Mrs. Pratt is top notch! The Principal Mr. D is caring and firm if the situation merits. He truly cares about his students and his school. The front office ladies are always there to answer questions or point you in the right direction. Smart Boards in each classroom and with the passing of the Levy this year, students will see more specials during the week (Gym, Art, etc). And each student will be getting an I-pad issued to them starting 2014/2015. If you are considering this school, please join the PTO. It is a hard working organization that brings so much to the school! We are PCSing this year and will miss Main!

Posted November 17, 2013
This school as a whole is horrid. The entire school uses negative reinforcement instead of positive and when asked to incorporate it, they (teacher and counselor) were dumbfounded at how to do it. The teacher wrote off my child because he wasn't the "normal" type of child she's used to having. Constantly asked us to "control" him while he's in her classroom. And finally, started to demand that he be put on medication even though her classroom was the only classroom that he was exhibiting focus issues. His other teachers or coaches have never had this issue with him. There was also the incident regarding the principal. My son got onto the bus instead of the daycare van and when we talked with the principal, he told my son that he was a "bad boy" and told him I was disappointed and angry with him. Not true, I was angry with the school. He never apologized and took responsibility. Blamed my son for all fault. The school never told us this was a risk even though they knew of it since the beginning of the school year. There was no concern from the principal or teacher for his well being. This is our first year at Main since we moved and it has been a horrible experience so far.

Main Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2013
Both of my kids attended this school for 3 years during our tour at the WPAFB. I think highly of the principle and the vice principle. I have witnessed how much they care about the children's safety. They have gone beyond the call of duty. I only wish this school had a better dismissal system and a safer entrance. Most teachers we had were great. The DARE program was very well organized. Field days could be a bit more organized, though. Overall, it is a good school.

Posted May 31, 2012
This school is wonderful. The teacher are caring and help the students (my kids) thrive for their best. They have many activities that are fantastic. They help the students involved with everything! You will love this school inside and out! (P.s They have a wonderful anti-bullying program!!)

Posted August 12, 2011
We have been very happy with Main and all of Beavercreek City Schools. The teachers and principals are helpful and caring. The parental involvement is incredible in all the schools. I would recommend, and have, to anyone moving to the area.

Posted March 09, 2011
Main is the WORST school my children and I have ever encountered. The worksheet-based curriculum provides zero exploration in science, no opportunity for creativity in writing, rejects individualized instruction in reading and the 50-80 worksheets a week have successfully squelched both my 2nd and 1/2 day K daughters' love for learning in the school. Computers remain under tarps or are broken and the only 'technology integration' has been to take a typing course. The administration is loathe to work with the parents, leave students unsupervised and to their own devices during indoor recess (~70% of the year so far), and has ordered the fire alarm to be silenced and students to remain in their class rooms while the staff go looking for the fire! I wish I was just a disgruntled parent who doesn't know any better... but as a National Board Certified Educator who has taught in 4 schools in 3 different states, I feel I have enough experience to say that this school should never be recommended to any family moving into this area. I wish there was the option to give ZERO stars --because that is what this school earned. only the PTA earned more for their constant pleas for money.

Main Elementary School 0

Posted December 08, 2008
The school levy was voted and passed this November. This means the over-crowding at the schools will be alleviated and renovations will be done at Main. There's lots of parent involvement and the teachers I've come in contact with are great.

Posted September 04, 2008
This is has been a great school so far for my children. I have one with special needs and on that is typical. The two teachers that we have had so far have been excellent. The teacher who has my special needs son was very aware of the areas he needed extra attention and support. She also realized his talents/gifts and figured out how to optimize/challenge him. The principal is wonderful because he is highly visible and always hands on. The school is crowded and there are portables out front but Beavercreek just received another year of 'excellent' rated schools.

Posted July 09, 2008

Main Elementary School
2942 Dayton Xenia Rd, Beavercreek, OH  45434
Last modified Main Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Main Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top