Posted April 18, 2014
This is the smallest elementary school in the district. Parkwood is home to all of the specialists in the district (Occupational therapists, speech therapists and the special needs preschool). Special needs students bus in. It also has an amazing school counselor that implements a great character building curriculum. Parkwood has a "buddy system" pairing older students with younger students. Some buddies are responsible for walking kindergarten students from the bus to their class, others are lunch table buddies who open containers that are difficult for small hands, and others listen to the younger children read or work with them with flash cards. Parkwood also benefits from being the test ground for new technology. Our district recently won a 3.8 million grant. The E-Sparks program will be introduced to the rest of the district for the 2014-2015 school year, but both of my children have been learning on their iPads for a few months now and they will use their iPads all summer long. Parkwood enjoys a very high number of parent volunteers, in fact many classes have 5 volunteers a week regularly. It also has the most diversity, primarily socioeconomic.

Posted April 18, 2014
Parkwood is a great school. Teachers all genuinely care about the well being of our kids. I moved to get into this school

Posted April 18, 2014
Amazing staff! My child has needed extra attention towards reading. The staff has really helped a lot. They have shown us it is not just about scores but that they actually care about my child.

Posted October 28, 2012
I have 2 boys. Parkwood is an amazing school. Up to date with the most progressive teaching methods and academic learning tools. Parents are very involved and provide a lot of volunteering time making up for some of the recent cuts the school has suffered. The PTO has raised considerable amounts to provide each class room with the latest technologies over the past few years (smart boards, computers, i-pads...) The teachers are very approachable, and always available. The anti-bully program is very effective, and the children are learning real values which makes a big difference in their relationships. They are really nice kids who display real respect to each other. The Art, Music and PE program has always been absolutely amazing until they recently had to be cut back to minimal hours...but there is hope to see them fully reinstated soon! This year, the school has embraced the Singapore Math and it is a wonderful philosophy, I expect amazing results from it. I would definitely recommend this school and the wonderful sens of community that comes with it!!

Posted April 15, 2011
I have 3 children at Parkwood this year. We have enjoyed this school for the last 4 years. My children's teachers have been very approachable and really address our individual concerns. There is a high level of parent involvement and the kids that go to this school are just really nice. The "specials" teachers (art, music, and gym) really go out of their way to make learning fun. My son is in PK this year, and we have absolutely loved the program. I have no problem recommending Parkwood to others.

Parkwood Elementary School 0

Posted March 01, 2010
well my daughter goes to parkwood.... and she says she isnt learning that well....... but only in math.......... but she says she loves the school and her friends......... she says its the best school.....

Posted September 19, 2009

Parkwood Elementary School 0

Posted April 01, 2009
My husband and I recently adopted two brothers from the west coast and my youngest son is in the second grade at Parkwood elementary. I want to commend the teachers for such a great job they do with the students. Dr. Westbeld is an excellent principal and great asset to the school!

Parkwood Elementary School 3

Posted October 15, 2008

Parkwood Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2008
My daughter is currently in 3rd grade at Parkwood. I feel that there is a lack of communication between the staff and the parents that causes a learning gap. I understand the importance of grasping the concept of responsability but I feel that 3rd grade is too young to completely rely on themseves. My daughters teacher does not send information home to assist parents with what the homework assignements are for the week or when they are due. As a result my daughter is getting lower grades than she ever has before. I am not happy with the communication or lack there of that the teacher and the school provide.

Parkwood Elementary School
1791 Wilene Dr, Beavercreek, OH  45432
Last modified Parkwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.