Bad
Good

Great school my daughter loves it here.. The teachers are great we love Beavercreek school district....

My 4 children have beeb attending Shaw Elementary School for 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. The quality of education, teachers and admnistration is outstanding. I have 2 special needs students and the accomodations, understanding, and care provided to our children has been wonderful. I honestly cannot think of anything that they need to do to improve. Just keep doing what you're doing!

The learning atmosphere has been a fantastic experience for our children. The principal always welcomes parent input during PTO meetings is approachable and heavily involved with the school's daily happenings. The music program is FANTASTIC and has offed our children exceptional programs compared to other schools in the area. The school is heavy into character development, creative and solid learning. We have felt so blessed to have our children attend Shaw - it is truly one of the best elementary schools we've chosen!

The school is nice, principle was very helpful and concern. My son first year here was wonderful. His 1st grade teacher never mention that my son may have problem. He did very well in her class. She have her class under control and able to provide quit time for the kids to work on. Second grade was very different, his teacher send him to English second language class, want him check for ADHD (negative for ADHD) want to put him in special Edu. program. Say that he is very behind on everything. I decide to sit in the class and that day I observed that there was not a quite momemt when I was there, kids are walking around chatting. My son still in his seat but unable to focus. The class was loud. We switch school. He have no problem in another school going on year #2.

My daughter came home so many times enthusiastic about what she learned that day at Shaw. I've been very impressed with the teaching style and commitment to enriching each student's educational experience. The Character Education program is outstanding. The art program is exceptional. The one area I wish to see improved on is more time devoted during Science. Shaw is the best elementary school our children have attended (military). We love Beavercreek!

Good school. Heavy into black history. Curriculum left my 2nd generation daughter first insisting she was african american followed by thinking we owed everything we owned to the african americans. Quite literally... even though her grandparents immigrated here, she believes what we have built here was on the back of slaves. She has no idea who Ben Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson or even Clara Barton are.

My daughter loves this school! She has been there so far for K-3 grade. I have loved all her teachers. They work with her on what she needs help with and they are very good at communicating with me which I have done with all 4 of them so far by email on a regular basis.

My 3 sons attend Shaw and my daughter attended from 1st-5th grade. The school's programs & teaching staff have leaped from great to fantastic in the last 5 years. It acknowledges & supports different learning styles on an individual level. Most of the teachers are very responsive to any parental concerns & inputs. Parental involvement with programs & volunteer efforts generally run high. The cultural diversity & awareness emphasis are exemplary. The current principal (2007-08) is exceptional--He is caring, yet manages high standards for the well-being of the students. Considering the turnover rate due to the Air Force base in close proximity, the school & area is a very tight, caring community overall.

Our son loves the encouragement he gets with reading, and is excited about all the new things they are learning

The school is great. Teachers are very caring. My son loves to go to class.

Last modified Shaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.