Posted November 18, 2013
Valley has been a wonderful neighborhood school for our three children. The teachers are committed to excellence and regularly communicate home via email and classroom newsletters. The office staff is friendly and helpful and our new principal has been a breath of fresh air. He is available, organized and regularly communicates home about ongoings of the school, district and PTO needs and happenings. As the state standards change for teachers and students, I can only say that Valley staff has adjusted their expectations and performed accordingly. I highly recommend Valley to new families in Beavercreek with school aged children.

Posted May 07, 2012
Wow, what an amazing school! Both of my children attended Valley and both received a top-notch education. They went on to Ankeney and were very prepared. All the teachers my children had were caring, professional and prepared. Yes, my children had homework, but I expected and wanted that. The homework was never excessive. Valley's Ohio Achievement Assessment scores for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades are always higher than any other elementary in Beavercreek!! The teachers know how to prepare the students. Everything that is on the OAA test is in the curriculum, so if the teachers are preparing the students for the test...they are doing their jobs!!

Posted March 13, 2012
My husband and myself grew up in Beavercreek (I went to Valley and he went to Fairbrook) I was so excited for my kids to start attending Valley. BOY what a disappointment!! My daughter has had problems with being bullied and her teacher has not helped AT ALL. The principal is NOT a leader, she is more interested in being like then being a actual principal. My son was reading at a 1st grade level in Kindergarten and once again BOY was a let down. His teacher justed pushed him aside because he was already surpassing where he should be at. Some teachers at Valley are Excellant and really has the kids best interest in mind but others they just come because they have to because its their job. I am disappointed with how they have treated my daughter and the lack of protecting her even after many many meeting with principal, teachers and counselor. Sadly, the principal does not have control of the school. and 5th grade has been the most disappointing all teachers need to stop acting like they are in the miltary and help the kids prepare for middle school. Can't for ALL my kids to get out of VALLEY!!!!!

Posted April 14, 2011
I have 3 children in Valley Elementary, we love it. My children love their teachers and I have been really impressed with this school. We are getting ready to move away and my children and I are very sad to leave this school district. The teachers are very supportive and caring toward my children knowing we have to move.

Posted February 28, 2011
Not only do I absolutely love working at Valley, my own children attended Valley and have gone on to do exceptionally well in high school, college, and graduate school. The staff at Valley truly care about their students and work hard to meet their needs.

Valley Elementary School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
Lack of Leadership is my biggest complaint. Principal is too busy trying to look cute and direct traffic everyday. She tries to too hard to be a friend instead of a leader. Communication is very poor. They expect children to remember everything. This school is out of touch with reality. Two hours of homework is outrageous. Too many older teachers who are way out of touch with reality. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, 'that's how we've always done it here at Valley.' The younger teachers atleast recognize current family situationsand understand that two hours of homework is ridiculious. 6th gr shouldn't be easier than 5th. We are military and have been in other schools. From day one, this school has lacked a personality and friendliness. This school district claims to be 'excellent' in ratings, however, if you teach from the previous tests, the scores will be higher.

Posted October 27, 2009
Excellant School. Great administration and quality education. Setting is a small school located in a large district.

Posted May 27, 2009
Valley Elementary School is top notch and this is coming from a very picky mother. We are military and move frequently, but everyone from John to the office staff, to every teacher and the Principal genuinely care for all the children. The academics are superior and are taught in an exceptional way. The extra curricular activities are endless. You will be a part of a family.

Posted March 17, 2009
My children have attended Valley all of their lives and I have not had a good experience at all dealing with the teachers / principal. I would like to see more encouragement towards the children, not just the ones they take a special interest in. There are too many details to go into... but my rating is mainly that the teachers do not treat all children equally and do not provide a nurturing, encouraging atmosphere for all.

Posted November 03, 2008

Valley Elementary School
3601 Jonathon Dr, Beavercreek, OH  45434
Last modified Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.