Berea, OH
Students enrolled: 1,052

Posted May 18, 2013
Absolutely excellent school that offers a well rounded academic approach focusing on preparing students for college. After attending a large state university and receiving my bachelors degree, I can say with full confidence that I was well prepared for my college career by BHS's staff. Truth be told, I found that many of my high school instructors were much more demanding than my college professors. Berea High School offers a number of varied and interesting fields of studies including a stunning visual and commercial arts program and a nationally recognized marching band program as well as challenging and dynamic extra-curricular activities like the FIRST National Robotics competition team. Berea High School is now merging with neighboring Midpark High School to meet the demand of enrollment and financial issues. While I am saddened to see BHS become Berea-Midpark High school (located at the current BHS facility), many of the staff from both schools will be apart of this new chapter and will certainly maintain the excellent standard that both schools have set in their long histories. Despite what online rating sites may yell you, BHS is a truly worth while school.

Posted August 21, 2010
BHS offers a large variety of courses - academic and vocational- that allow students to be successful. Counselors are extremely helpful to students and parents. Teachers are invested in student success. They encourage and motivate students into giving their best effort. His involvement in sports and music have been key in keeping him intouch with other kids who "do the right things" in our community. Many of my son's teachers have challenged him to stretch himself and work even harder. I feel that he is very well prepared for college and his future outside the classrooms. When looking at test scores, one has to keep in mind the parent part of the equation. If education and good grades are expressedly important to the parents, the students will see their parents care about what they do and how they do and respond accordingly in class and on tests.

Berea High School 1

Posted June 02, 2010
The school is old and student test scores are way below neighboring cities. Low cost housing is effecting types of students not attending or valuing education here.

Posted October 06, 2008
this school is so amazing. I have 6 kids and all of them went and or/ go to berea high. this is truely an amazing school

Posted August 30, 2007
After having 6 of my children graduate from Berea High School and do very well...now the second generation has continued the tradition...It is a great school!

Posted September 06, 2006
Wonderful selection of college preparatory classes, wonderful music department, dedicated teachers and open communication with parents. Great school!

Berea High School 3

Posted February 24, 2006
Great academics. Okay music not a good perantal involvement.

Posted July 21, 2004
I think that Berea High School is a great school and that it's one of the best school that I have been to in my life. I have been to 4 different school districts and this is by far the greatest and my favorite of them all.

Posted March 24, 2004
This School is an excellent school, it is why we moved here. It has one of the best Music programs in the country. Instead of just looking at Proficiency Tests, maybe groups like you should look more closely at interaction in the school and other good qualities.

Berea High School
165 East Bagley Rd, Berea, OH  44017
Last modified Berea High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berea High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top