Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 27, 2015
The teachers are somewhat effective - they don't have a choice in the number of minorities that are able to enroll. How can a school that has 450 students not have any black students?

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
How can it respect students when it only contains white children? Those children are going to have a hard time in today's real world - in my opinion.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
There is definitely no compassion for minorities. It is obvious by the number of black students there - practically none. That is unacceptable for having 450 students. St. Adalbert's (same area) has half the number of students and is about 20% black.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
It could use better leadership. There is definitely no fairness - the school is all white students and the neighborhoods are mixed.

St Mary School 2

Posted July 27, 2015
I have to agree with the most recent comments. I do not like the school because of that principal there. Very odd personality.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 18, 2015
I believe the teachers there are awesome with the exception of the principal, Andrew Carner.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 18, 2015
I just can't stand that principal, Andrew Carner. People can see right through his phony personality. Just knowing he works there makes me not even want to attend church there anymore.

St Mary School 1

Posted June 18, 2015
I think this school would improve greatly without Andrew Carner as principal. He has the fakest laugh and personality that he reminds me of Jim Carey fresh out of an Ace Ventura movie.

St Mary School 5

Posted April 03, 2015
We absolutely love St. Mary's, I have 2 children currently enrolled and will have 4 enrolled next year. My children are challenged, loved and happy at school. They have amazing programs like Spanish and computer and are continually striving to be a better school. I am so happy that we made the choice to send them to St. Mary's!

St Mary School 4

Posted February 03, 2014
I love St. Mary's and so do my two children, a first-grader and pre-schooler. The staff are all caring people who love educating children!

265 Baker Street, Berea, OH  44017