Berea, OH

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 18, 2015
I believe the teachers there are awesome with the exception of the principal, Andrew Carner.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 18, 2015
I just can't stand that principal, Andrew Carner. People can see right through his phony personality. Just knowing he works there makes me not even want to attend church there anymore.

St Mary School 1

Posted June 18, 2015
I think this school would improve greatly without Andrew Carner as principal. He has the fakest laugh and personality that he reminds me of Jim Carey fresh out of an Ace Ventura movie.

Posted April 03, 2015
We absolutely love St. Mary's, I have 2 children currently enrolled and will have 4 enrolled next year. My children are challenged, loved and happy at school. They have amazing programs like Spanish and computer and are continually striving to be a better school. I am so happy that we made the choice to send them to St. Mary's!

St Mary School 4

Posted February 03, 2014
I love St. Mary's and so do my two children, a first-grader and pre-schooler. The staff are all caring people who love educating children!

St Mary School 1

Posted November 09, 2013
I pulled my kids out after 14+ years at the school. The change in administration was a detriment to the environment. You know it is time to go when the parent knows more than the principal. The teachers are wonderful but unfortunately are overshadowed by the errors of the principal and administration. Many teachers have left, which is sad because they were the foundation of the school.

Posted June 07, 2013
St. Mary's is a great school and our children re thriving there! The enthusiasm is contagious in this building. If you are looking for a school for your children you owe them a look at St. Mary's. I cannot say enough about the excellent teachers and the Christian values that are evident here. We are so happy with our decision to send our children to St. Mary's!

St Mary School 4

Posted February 28, 2013
My son has been at St. Mary's in Kindergarten and I have had a wonderful experience. His Kindergarten teacher went the "EXTRA" mile with my son and now he is the BEST READER! The kids at St. Marys' are in involved in Stewardship and learn to give back to the community. As a mom this warms my heart and gives me great pleasure to know my son will experience this throughout his years at St. Marys'. Fr. John and Fr. Chris are involved with the kids on a daily basis!

Posted June 21, 2012
Awesome school! We have 2 children at St. Mary's and can't say enough about the great education they are receiving and the christian values and morals they are learning. Several or our children have already graduated form St. Mary's and they have been very successful in high school because of the excellent education they received at St. Mary's. The administration and teachers are wonderful. If you are considering a school in this area you should visit St. Mary's!

Posted June 21, 2012
We love St. Mary's! Our children are receiving a top rate education and are treated with respect. There is a feeling of family and we felt welcome the minute we walked in the building. The new Early Childhood wing is beautiful. We like the positive attitudes and Christ centered learning as well as the small class sizes.

265 Baker Street, Berea, OH  44017