Bexley, OH

Bexley High School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Our experiences were great, seeing the payoff as my son is now in college. I believe that with any situation, what you put into it you will get in return. Students and parents have to do the work required to be successful.

Posted October 03, 2009
The fine arts program nurtures and hones creativity in students.

Posted September 16, 2009
Our kids' contributions from all realms - academic, artistic, personal and athletic - are enhanced and celebrated in this safe, healthy school. Yay Bexley!

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers consciously help and improve the learning and education of students. With a great staff, and a great community, the Bexley Community Allows learning to be in a fun environment and gives students a prosporous future.

Posted June 05, 2009
I am a student at Bexley High School and i feel like anyone who says that the students here are not accepting are completely and toatally wrong. Bexley is one of the most accepting schools due to the interface. Their are all different types of people at Bexley High School, so anyone can find a friend. Even students that are completely different get along well, and the teachers are great, besides one. ya hear

Bexley High School 4

Posted January 15, 2009
I went to Bexley between 5th and 10th grades. I moved to the area because my Dad was attending Trinity Lutheran Seminary. I would agree that the people aren't very welcoming to outsiders. I had an especially difficult time adapting because I was from Michigan. I dealt with the bullying when I was younger but learned to live with the constant heckling. I hung out with the 'cooler' kids and tried to play sports, but if you weren't the coaches son's best friend, than you weren't going to play. Also because I lived in a Townhouse I was referred to as 'poor'. My little townhouse couldn't compare with there houses. The education was excellent though. When I moved to a new school the 11th grade work compared to Bexley's 8th grade curriculum. All in all I enjoyed my stay. I miss a few people but you move on. GO BLUE! :)

Posted January 14, 2009
I graduated from Bexley High School in 2007. I was not the best student and the teachers recognized that. They also recognized the real world problems that I faced during my time in high school. The teachers, administration and guidance counselors were outstanding people who genuinely wanted me to succeed. They set me straight, helped me keep my head up, and now I am in a great university with tons of opportunity. I would like to thank everyone affiliated with BHS. Go Lions!

Posted October 22, 2008
I graduated from Bexley in May 2008. Whoever submitted the review before me is dead wrong. There is no bullying. The new students are easily welcomed by their peers. I am an African-American student and i got along fine with everyone. There were a few bad apples in the past few years that really shook things up. By this I mean there was a large influx of minority students who caused some serious problems such as robbery and fights. One kid even got expelled for bringing a gun. The district does a good job of filtering out the problem kids and everyone really gets along well. I would say I had a positive relationship with all but one of my teachers and about 98% of of other students. Bexley is an awesome school!

Bexley High School 3

Posted July 23, 2008
While Bexley does have a superior academic program there are other issues that seem to get ignored or swept under the rug. The kids aren't very welcoming to new students to the district and there is also a lot of social pressure. Also because of the strong academic program students that transfer to Bexley sometimes struggle and unless you become a nagging parent the school tends not want to deal with the issue and says that the kids are just going through an adjustment instead of facing the real issue. Safety issues are another problem with Bexley City Schools. Kids are bullied frequently and it seems as if Bexley is more concerned with it's reputation and keeping everything quiet than they are in teaching diversity, and respect. You do have a few teachers that genuinely do care about the students and their success and to them, Thank you!

Posted March 26, 2008

Bexley High School
326 South Cassingham Rd, Bexley, OH  43209
Last modified Bexley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bexley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top