Bad
Good

Posted March 27, 2014
We have had an excellent experience with this school, three years going straight. Teach truly seem to care, they provide additional support for those who need it, and communication is also great.

Posted September 24, 2013
Licking Heights West is a fantastic school for K-2 students! As young parents it was difficult to watch our daughter go to kindergarten. However we quickly were put at ease as we met with her teacher, toured the school, and watched in amazement at how fast our daughter was learning. And even better, she loved going to school! She is now in first grade and she has an amazing teacher who helps challenge more advanced students while not neglecting those who need additional attention. We couldn't be more pleased as our daughter is reading complete books and is probably a better reader than the average 3rd grader. She is also doing advanced math that has an element of algebra. An example would be (? - 5 = 18) . So our first grader is being challenged to find the unknown, aka basic algebra. We can't speak for the rest of Licking Heights Schools. But at West (K-2) they have a newer building and great teachers. Licking Heights has come a long way over the last 8 years we have lived in the school district. We highly recommend Licking Heights West!

Posted May 21, 2010
My oldest started at West in 2006--the year it opened. She was placed in an accelerated kindergarten class where she was challenged and encouraged every day. She went on to an accelerated first grade and excelled there too. She continues to do well as she nears completion of third grade. She got a great start here at West, and I can't thank the teachers, administration and staff enough. Now, her little sister is finishing her kindergarten year, and I am still very pleased with the school and the district. She has made leaps and bounds in academic skills and confidence. She adores her teachers, classmates and all the other "grown-ups" who are helping her "grow". She doesn't want the year to end. Way to go, West! You're Wild about Learning!

Posted April 28, 2010
Lhs is one of the greatest schools my kids have been in . They really care about your children and it does show. My boys love to go to school and that's a big plus for a child to love to go to school. I just can not say enough from principal's to teachers and anyone working there you feel the caring from them the moment you walk in the school . Thanks lhs your #1 thanks mrs c

Licking Heights West 4

Posted June 02, 2009
I have been very impressed with West!! There are a lot of great things going on there! My first grader is reading chapter books, doing fractions and estimation, and his artwork is amazing. I am involved in the classroom and it has really opened my eyes to what the children have accomplished. Mr. Hempleman is a wonderful asset and will be a real hands-on principal. I believe that will only help make the school even better. I have enjoyed our 2 years there and look forward to 2 more with my next child. They have learned so much and have had fun doing it! The administration does a wonderful job of addressing each child's needs and meeting them. They have really helped my 'late reader' develop.

Licking Heights West 4

Posted July 23, 2008
I have nothing but good things to say about my 2 yr experience at LH West! My son loved it and has learned a great deal. In 2 yrs my daughter will be there and her and I both look forward to being back there again! Great staff, always there to help! I volunteered a lot, so that always help you become more at the school too! Enjoy!!!!

Licking Heights West 2

Posted November 16, 2005
So far I am NOT impressed with the quality of education at Summit Primary. My child had never attended any kind of preschool, yet at testing time was placed in the 'accelerated' kindergarten class. Most students in the class are 2nd year kindergarten students. The school work my child brings home is so simple that it takes about 45 seconds each night to complete. Needless to say, we are doing our own work outside the 'school.' Also, the principal gives the impression that she is superior to you. She will not accept suggestions and is happy with the status quo. If we could sell our house, we would definitely LEAVE this district!

Licking Heights West 3

Posted October 20, 2004
Principal Hill runs an orderly school. She has cleaned up an old school, and is visible and among the students a lot. The staff and teachers are kind and personable with the students. They make a point to know their names. However, I have my concerns about their 2 year Kindergarten program. It seems to be if your child is even close to deadline on birthday, they are more than likely to be reccommended for the 2 year program. How is holding so many kids back a year going to affect the future of the classes for those that are right on track? The district is in a mess with short funding and mismanagement of funds to accomodate the growth. They don't seem to have a clear thought out plan for the future that is realistic, and doesn't require a levy on the ballot for the next 10 years.

Licking Heights West