Grace Christian School 4

Posted March 14, 2014
GCS has strong Academics,price, orchestra/strings, advanced curriculum, very friendly leaders, teachers and principal, great diversity. I agree with the parent about the accelerated program not being for everyone. There are many students at GCS who have mastered rote learning, test taking, but are lacking in comprehensive skills, reasoning, and cognitive skills. Many students are stressed out with homework, extensive bible memorization and tests. If your child is more hands on, in order to comprehend what they are learning in order to be succesful, then GCS may not be a good choice. I do not agree with the person who compared GCS to Columbus Academy and Wellington, the learning style at those schools are different and they offer more balance for students K-3 are not consumed with grades, but they are able to focus on comprehending and learning vs. simply getting a good grades. I would recommend first assessing your child's learning style and then visit schools and make a choice at that time. Just because something is "fast" ie. accelerated, does not mean that it is beneficial for your student! Do your homework, you know your child best.

Posted January 24, 2014
My daughter attends Grace Christian and is in Kindergarten. Their advance curriculum is awesome.. however if you are a parent that does not have time to review and study with your child this is not the school for you. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SCHOOL AND THEIR RIGOROUS CURRICULUM!

Grace Christian School 4

Posted September 15, 2013
The accelerated program that this school offers was not a good fit for my child. As a result of her failing grades I withdrew her from this school and found a better fit for my child. However, they require that you pay 1/6 of the tuition if you decide to pull them out early.

Posted May 29, 2012
Grace Christian should be on any parent's short list of schools if they want their child to receive a fabulous education. This year, a former GCS graduate is valedictorian of their 2000 student school, and another is salutorian of theirs. Still another is first in his class as a junior.The sixth graders travel to Williamsburg, Jamestown and Washington D.C. while the eighth graders go to New York City. On both trips the students learn about our country's history and the role that the Christian religion has played in it. The teachers love the students and it shows. Alumni keep coming back for visits and remember their time at GCS. Students take Spanish, technology, music (the school also has 5 orchestras, a choir, and a vocal ensemble), math (up to HS algebra and geometry), history, science, and language arts. Five students were recognized by the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History for their entries in the National Civil War Essay Contest. The school also offers athletic teams in volleyball, soccer, basketball, and track and field with schedules that include private and public school throughout Central Ohio. GCS also offers drama, Latin, and an outstanding student yearbook.

Posted August 17, 2010
Grace Christian School is simply outstanding. The school is strongly oriented towards preparing all students for college. When many schools are cutting back on programs, GCS offers so much, and all of it is of outstanding quality. The honors options for older students are unparalleld in other similar schools. We have had three students attend GCS, and all loved the experience. The teachers and administrator are incredible.

Posted June 11, 2010
I have two children enrolled in Grace. My oldest is entering her fourth year. The faculty is dedicated and they truly love the students. If you want to see the value of Grace Middle School, attend graduation. One can see how much the students, teachers, and administrator mean to each other. The graduating students gave testimony about their time at Grace: it was candid, unscripted, and very sweet. What stood out to me, as a parent, is how many graduates said, as excited as they are about high school, they hate to leave because Grace is more than school, it s family. From teenagers, these words carry weight. The teachers gave good-bye messages, through tears, to students who clearly matter to them. I was incredibly touched and I am so thankful to be able to offer the blessing that is Grace to my own children.

Grace Christian School 3

Posted April 29, 2010
This school is great for elementary students. They offer foreign language at an early age, and Latin as well. Their sports are increasing, but they don't have a musical band, which would round off the overall school experience. They teach at a level far above what public school offers. Children are greeted daily by loving caring staff. Your child will build confidence and definitely have a sense of Christian living and love. HOWEVER, when they reach middle school (6th) there is a more punitive environment that works well for girls but not so well for boys. Education tends to already be female centered, so more male staff would be a huge benefit this school. Additionally the school would benefit by increasing the cultural diversity in their staff to mirror the increasing diverse student population.

Grace Christian School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
I am sad to say that I agree with the last parent. My child received an excellent education K-5th grade and I still believe that the elementary school is strong. However the middle school is lacking. Third year into the middle school, the teachers are the same and there is lack of communication with parents. I feel the middle school teachers make things up as they go and my child doesn't receive the quality education as he/she once did. There is no consistency between the middle school teachers as far as expecatations or discipline.The New York trip is an added expense and felt parents should have been asked first., much more expensive than D.C. School doesn't have same feel at all and does feel more like a business. I really don't feel that the middle is worth the cost. Save your money.

Grace Christian School 1

Posted April 07, 2010
This school was great 6 years ago and has greatly gone down hill since. Since trying to expand the school it has been operated like a business, only in it for the money, and forgetting about the kids. Yes, the curriculum is great but the teachers care less and less and the parents are left in the dark. The only reason I would recommend it to another parent is for K and ask for Ms. Graley! She is the best I have ever seen! I have had 3 kids in the school and now am leaving to go elsewhere. I am tired of dumping TONS of money into the school where my kids are getting less and less every year ($15,000 +/year for 3 kids). They nickle and dime you for everything. We are literally counting the days until school is OUT!!!

Posted March 02, 2010
Grace Christian School is the best kept secret in the city! I am so impressed with the academic excellence that the students are exposed to in Kindergarten. The students are peforming academically on a much higher level in comparison to their peers in other schools. I was a little nervous at the beginning of the year,not sure if my daughter could do the work, but the day she came home reading, I had tears in my eyes. She loves to read me her books at night time before bed, it is remarkable! The Principal is genuinely concerned about the best interest of all of the students. I am grateful how both the principal & teacher partnered with me to help my daughter transition 'emotionally' from a Reggio Emilia program where she was being labeled to Grace where she is being challenged! GCS is a strong balanced program!

Grace Christian School
7510 E Broad St, Blacklick, OH  43004
Last modified Grace Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Grace Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.