Brunswick, OH
Students enrolled: 2,122

Posted June 02, 2015
This school is definitely not one I would recommend to have your child go to. The staff isn't very cooperative and I personally do not agree with the rules they have there. It seems as though the more rules they make, the worse the kids get. I also agree that Brunswick just tries to look good for the state and has no intentions of actually helping the students who really need the help. They definitely favor the kids who are on sports teams or in some type of club. The teachers don't really give any effort into helping the kids who are struggling and instead just adore the "perfect" students. There rarely is ever any punishment for the kids who actually break the rules. Bullying is a huge problem and nothing is ever done about it. You'd think after everything that's happened over the last couple years, they'd take those things into consideration. All they do is punish both kids and make the victim feel even more vulnerable. Or nothing is done at all. The counselors aren't helpful either. They never see you to talk to you and when they do, they never give any advice. My experience here has been horrible and I think homeschooling is a better option.

Brunswick High School 5

Posted July 31, 2014
I graduated from here back in May and absolutely loved my 4 years here. There are a ton of extracurricular activities and sports' teams to get involved with. Not to mention the excellent staff and teachers. Of course there's going to be some teachers and other staff members that you don't like that much, but that's with every school. I think the best teacher by far is Mr. Maichrye. He teaches chemistry and he is excellent at what he does. You don't come across a lot of guys like him very often. He is a tremendous person to talk to and get to know better. He tells stories about his life often and likes to go off topic. The classes offered are also great. I think there are 12 AP courses and also several honors classes. The elective classes offered are second to none. If you get involved, you'll enjoy your time here. I met many great people and made tons of friends. The security here is top notch. They installed an advanced security system a couple of years ago and I always feel safe when I'm in there. They also adopted a new drill for an active threat in the building and we practiced it a couple of times and the teachers were trained in it.

Posted January 14, 2014
Very clicky, if your child is not on a sports team or involved in band,marching band they are treated as second class citizens! They can be bullied and when brought to the administrations attention they always find a way to punish the child that is being bullied and not the ones who are the bullies as they are more than likely on one of the sports teams, these students can do anything they want and are never punished, or only get a verbal reprimand. This needs to stop! All students should be treated the same as non sports, non club affiliated student. We all have the choice to treat each other with respect no matter if you are in a school activity or just someone who just goes to school to learn!

Brunswick High School 5

Posted October 13, 2010
Great administration, staff and amazing marching band music program

Posted September 17, 2009
In the 13 years since I moved into the area, I have seen Brunswick HS aggresively improve accademically and athletically.

Posted January 25, 2009
There are some very good teachers at this school, who want the best for their students and put a lot of time into achieving that. I am not sure if Mrs. Boucher is still around but she along with Mrs. Swartz are excellent english teachers. Mr. Dickson is also an outstanding teacher for the AP government class, after this class you will have a far better understanding of the government and be able to have a very intelligent conversation of politics. Mr. Maichyre is also a top notch Chemistry teacher and possibly the best teacher at this school, could not be a better fit for a high school classroom than this teacher

Posted October 20, 2008
I think brunswick doesnt strive for better educated students, they only want to look good infront of state.

Brunswick High School 4

Posted January 13, 2006
Whether your child is onto music, theater, foreign language studies or sports, Brunswick High School offers many extracurricular activities and clubs for the motivated students who want to get the most out of their high school years. It's also located on the same campus as the fantastic public library and a state-of-the-art recreation center. As with any school, it's up to the individual student to decide how to hard they want to work to be successful.

Brunswick High School 3

Posted August 01, 2005
I don't personally think this high school is as good as it has potential to be. The academic programs are ok but only a few teachers offer the whole learning package- Hands on work for people who need to do something to 'get' it, visual things for the people who learn best by sight, discussions for people who learn best by hearing.. etc. The music programs could be better as well. There was hardly any people in my choir that responded to my director appropriately. It was a bad experience because I was punished along with the people who didnt do their part. Parents didnt care enough to let the levy pass. Now our students have to pay to play- hundreds of dollars. Thats why I cant do any sports this year. Maybe its not their fault and it's just ohio's. Either way, the high school experience suffers because of it.

Brunswick High School 3

Posted July 28, 2005
Being a student at Brunswick High, going on my third year, i feel it is an o.k. school. The academic programs are good, but the previous school i attented, i felt more challeneged. Teachers seem to be more into the whole 'book' thing, rather than hands on experience. As A student, I believe it is easier to grasp the concept if you can physically experience it. The music program is amazing. I have been a member of choir since the 6th grade, and coming to brunswick, I feel it has been the best choir I have yet to participate in . Unfortunately, the High School choir director moved to New York this past summer, but we are fortunate enough to receive an excellent replacement. I believe that parent involvement withing the school is very high. Being a member of the extra-cirrecular activities i saw that personally.

3581 Center Rd, Brunswick, OH  44212
Last modified Brunswick High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brunswick High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top