Fairmount Elementary School 1

Posted July 29, 2012
This school is perfect for the non involved/ noncaring parent who just wants to drop their kids off somewhere. My experience with most of the teachers and other staff (including the secretaries) are too worn down from too many years of battling kids/parents that don't care that any more they just do what they have to do to earn a check and go home. They have lost that spark needed to mold the lives of kids. In the past 7 years I have only had 2 teachers that cared enough to notify me that my kids were or weren't doing something (ie homework, low tests. behavioral) BEFORE it was too late and was surprised on their report card. It was to the point that we were being drill Sargent at home but had no back up at school because "they had 20 something other students to worry about" so our were lost in the cracks. It's very frustrating for a caring and want to be involved parent trying to get their kids on the right track. I actually had a kid that had an IEP and they lost his report card, and didn't know what class he was in at a certain time, now that's scary! I do not recommend this school to anyone.

Fairmount Elementary School 4

Posted April 25, 2008

Fairmount Elementary School 5

Posted April 26, 2007
Fairmount Elementary School is very good at listening to problems and fixing them. They keep in touch and I am very happy with this school. The entire staff is kind and helpful in every way. Thank you Fairmount for all you have done for us and helped us to accomplish. Sincerely, Sherrie Freedman

Fairmount Elementary School 2

Posted February 17, 2004
Having been a student of Fairmount School in years gone by, and having sent my childern there, I feel I have a unique prespective on this school. To be honest, I have watched this school take a down hill spiral ever since the principal arrived. It is a pitful problems that this school has been let to fall so low. Many of the parents have complained and tired to get things changed, but unfortunalty the Canton City Board of Education is not listening. One of the saddestissues is how some of the teachers and the principal feel about the kids. Most of us our middle class parents trying to do what is best for our childern. The attitude of the principal and teachers is so unfair, and leads them to put no effort behind there teaching.

Fairmount Elementary School
2701 Coventry Blvd NE, Canton, OH  44705
Last modified Fairmount Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairmount Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.