Canton, OH
Students enrolled: 1,971

Posted July 19, 2014
GlenOak spans the spectrum of potential for success. This school gives you the tools and support to move on to college or a successful vocational career. *The academic programs allow the students to start their college credits early. *Arts and Music are the comparably one of the best in the state. *All of their sports programs have produced D1 college stars and some have moved onto successful pro careers. *The school and their facilities are newly built and centrally located in a rural family friendly atmosphere. I have two children in Plain Local and I couldn't be happier to have them anywhere else.

GlenOak High School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
Glenoak known as glenjoke by everyone in the canton area is the worst high schoolbout of the two I've attended. When I entered as a junior they ruined my whole schedule and made it easy for them and put me in freshman classes. They forgot to put my English in, and any time I needed questions answered they never returned any answers. Also was told the only way to graduate early was to become pregnant. Very discouraging. Overall staff is great EXCEPT the guidence and principles

GlenOak High School 1

Posted April 01, 2014
This school is horrible it's all about who you know and now much money you have. I emailed teachers and never hear back from them. My son had to go to another district for them to realize that he had ADD these teachers just wanted to blame his poor grades on him not paying attention! Now he is on meds and has all a's and b's

GlenOak High School

Posted October 13, 2010
Glenoak High School has an awesome academics program. Many of the students go on to College or University.

Posted March 25, 2010
once i took a tour, i was instantly hooked. i love all the opportunities, the classes, and the overall experience. I love GlenOak High School!

Posted March 19, 2008
Our family moved to the area 3 years ago. The failure of repeated levies has proved discouraging to student and parent. This aside, the staff does an excellent job of education our children. I hope our community finds it in their wallets to continue to support this excellent school system.

GlenOak High School 2

Posted July 23, 2007
Bad school, If i could rate it a zero or even take it into the negatives i would. Zero parental Involvement Period, No extra curricular activities because They have no funding from anybody. Decent but pretty bad teachers, Dont even know who the princapal is or where to find them. Seems fairly safe but students should be checked before being allowed in. Also a fair amount of Violence within. Seriously has no funding whatsoever. They keep trying to pass levy's but fail miserably everytime. Overall a horrible school.

GlenOak High School 2

Posted August 05, 2005
My daughter went to Glenoak and hated every minute of it. The dress code was a joke, less than appropriate attire at the school. My daughter was called names by teachers, and lack of security was unbelievable. Trying to get in touch with a counsellor or teacher was next to impossible and when a complaint was made, most of the time nothing was done. Some teachers lack maturity (yes, even the older ones do). Also the crime rate is shocking. And the Band, oh well, let's not go there. As for activities, nothing out of the ordinary or worth checking into. Better schools are out there.

Posted April 27, 2005
My son attended Glen Oak High School this year. I found the quality of the education far superior than his previous school. I was blessed with the ability to check his grades regularly using PowerSchool and able to call and speak with teachers, guidance counselors, principals, and even the assistant to the superintendent as needed. They were all wonderful in their efforts with my son. I can honestly say that my son is a better human being for his experiences at Glen Oak High School. Thank you to everyone!

Posted January 28, 2005
I have one son at GlenOak and another about to enter as a freshman. We have had nothing but positive experiences. The arts program is beyond belief in its scope and quality. The marching, symphonic, concert, and jazz bands deserve special mention for the quality of work produced by the students. My son has been engaged in school on numerous levels as the teaching staff seems to truly understand how to implement learning theories that account for student individuality.

GlenOak High School
1801 Schneider St NE, Canton, OH  44721
Last modified GlenOak High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
GlenOak High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top