Canton, OH

Portage Collab Montessori Middle School 4

Posted November 13, 2014
I have found the opposite to be true of the most recent posting. I could give specifics but I will keep my personal situation private. (I do find it disheartening that parents feel the need to air their grievances about a particular staff member in this venue.) There are MANY wonderful staff members at PCMS that are wonderful educators.

Posted November 08, 2014
May be a good fit for your child, as long as they fit a certain mold. If they don't, watch out. The current administrator apparently takes exception to children with special needs, meaning he doesn't really want to deal with the extra work that comes from a challenging child.

Posted October 06, 2014
PCMS is the best kept secret in the area! I feel so lucky that my children are a part of this great school! It not only meets my expectations of their education, but exceeds them! I love that the excellent teachers and Montessori philosophy foster my children's innate passion for learning and curiosity. This school focuses and thrives on the same goals I have for my children: independence, discovery, motivation, self-discipline, leadership, character education, and academic abilities.

Posted May 26, 2014
We have been incredibly impressed with PCMS, especially the middle school and the quality of the education that is provided there. Students at PCMS learn planning and organizational skills that are far beyond what is taught at a regular public middle school. Not only that, they learn to think outside the box and experience new things that may be out of their comfort zones. Students of all intellectual levels and backgrounds can get an excellent education at PCMS, but not only that, they also learn to be accepting of one another despite their differences. PCMS doesn't just teach students academic material; it teaches them how to live great lives and how to become successful, high-achieving and well-rounded individuals. -- An incredibly satisfied family

Posted May 21, 2014
I do not agree at all with some of these previous postings. I feel the entire staff has the kids' best interests at heart and goes above and beyond the call of duty every day to help each child. They have a wonderful track record; if someone had a bad experience it is certainly NOT the majority!

Portage Collab Montessori Middle School 4

Posted May 02, 2014
Our family has been a part of PCMS for several years now. We have been quite pleased with our experience thus far. We do agree with the previous review stating that a school is only as good as its teachers. This can be a challenge. As with any learning environment, parent involvement makes a huge difference. Being a part of our children's education and experiences with peers has resulted in nothing but positives.

Posted April 22, 2014
IF THERE WAS A WAY TO GIVE 0 I WOULD! The teachers a nice until middle school. The assistant teacher was nice but the main teacher didn't want to help at all! If you want your child to have a good education don't send them here.

Posted October 12, 2013
Do NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!!!! When your children get to be middle school age, they do not pay close enough attention to them. The kids in the 7 & 8 th grade think they rule the school. They repeatedly bullied the teacher's aide in my child's class room and no one did a thing about it. Additionally there were shady things going on during the bus rides home. The teacher repeatedly put my child at risk for being bullied and when my child told the teacher said that she did not believe her. If you want your child to be safe, do not send them here.

Posted May 16, 2013
Portage Collaborative Montessori School This is my son's first year attending PCMS as a pre-K student. I enjoy his teachers and especially the communication with the staff to keep me informed of my son's progress.

Portage Collab Montessori Middle School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
The students are taught respect for each other and the natural world. Students work at their own pace, whether fast or slow. Students' sense of responsibility and leadership qualities are developed and nurtured. The student body is diverse. The parents are involved. The teachers are committed and talented. I could go on and on....

Portage Collab Montessori Middle School
239 Portage St NW, Canton, OH  44721
(330) 966-1912
Last modified Portage Collab Montessori Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Portage Collab Montessori Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top