Posted April 02, 2009
Merwin in Great!! As a parent of a 6th grader at AMS, Perry Schneider has made A/B honor roll 3 consecutive quarters and I credit his Merwin teachers!! Everyone helped him and without intervention the light-bulb has come on and it comes easy to him now!!! Thanks All of you!!! Kama and Ed Schneider

Posted March 31, 2009
My first child started kindergarten at Merwin. I was so nervous about her being away from home and so worried about whether this would be a good school. Merwin has exceeded my expectations more than I could have imagined. The teachers are wonderful! You can tell they really care about the students and want them to do their best. The principle sends out weekly messages by telephone so you stay informed about everything going on at Merwin. And even the bus drivers are wonderful. Safety is their 1st priority with the children. Merwin's the best!

Merwin Elementary School 4

Posted July 25, 2007
I have a child entereing 4th grade. Overall I like Merwin. The only thing we have struggled with is their way of teaching math. They do so with a Spiral Method. IMO this does not give the kids enough time to focus and absorb the methods before moving onto something new. Also, the math homework is very minimal which again, does not allow the kids reinforce what they touched upon in class. The teachers we have encounted for the most part are very invloved and willing to help when asked. I only had one teacher when my child was in 2nd grade refuse to send home additional math work because she did not have the time to do so. Parent involvement is awesome at Merwin. I have been a volunteer myself for the past couple years and I am always amazed at the number of parents who are willing to help.

Posted July 17, 2007
This school is amazing, my daughter went to school in the 1st grade at Willowville were she was was below grade level in all areas, Willowville recommended that she be held back, along with commenting that she had learning disabilitys. I refused to hold her back and changed her schools. One year(2nd grade) in Merwin they made it a priority to figure out what grabbed my daughters attention, once they found it ,they gave it all they had. She is now Reading at a 3rd grade level and her math is at grade level. Not to mention she enjoys going to school every day and is happy.I would say they are teachers because they enjoy teaching. Merwin is excellent!!! I am proud to say my daughter goes to this school.

Posted May 21, 2007
Merwin Elementary has provided strong academic preparedness for both of our children from kindergarten through 2nd and 4th grades respectively. The teachers are kind, intelligent and easy to reach. Their willingness to discuss our children's strengths and weaknesses, both academically and socially, has been invaluable to us as we work together to help navigate these two through their elementary years. Thank you Merwin staff! Kathy Vask

Posted January 18, 2006

Posted August 21, 2005

Contact Information

1040 Gaskins Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45245

Merwin Elementary School
1040 Gaskins Rd, Cincinnati, OH  45245
Last modified Merwin Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merwin Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.