Posted November 20, 2013
We just transferred to this district from NKY. And WOW! I just can't say enough good things about this school. The teachers make learning fun & interesting. Plus, they are involved and concerned in my child's progress. Children are encouraged to ask questions and have an open dialouge for learning within their classroom. The school size is perfect. It's not too big and not to small. So, you get lots of opportunities for the kids, with a personal touch. So thrilled that Forest Hills still offers all the extracurriculars like band, choir, art, etc while other school districts in the area are cutting back.

Posted March 26, 2012
We've had 4 kids go through Sherwood and Love it! Our kids are all doing very well. Older kids are both straight A students built from the base they received from attending. The PTA is very active and the Principal is very active/effective.

Posted March 03, 2011
Our daughter is currently in first grade at Sherwood Elementary. Her kindergarten experience here last year was excellent--very friendly & capable teachers and staff, who made excellent use of the limited time of half-day kindergarten. First grade has been a positive, highly instructive experience as well. Very strong PTA at Sherwood, too.

Sherwood Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2010
My daughter was seriously injured with split upper lip, one tooth lose and bleeding gum. They called us and told us that she 'fell in the gym', in reality, she was bumped by two other kids head to head. When we questioned, they told us the nurse and v principal was misinformed. No incident report will be available to parents unless you request it and not required. It is very scary to leave your kids in the hands of staff as such.

Posted April 21, 2010
Sherwood has the most wonderful teachers who are really invested in helping the children learn and grow. I learned how wonderful they were taking my son there every day and watching the children run smiling to get to school-something I did not witness as a child in Cincinnati schools. My son loved it and my daughter starts kindergarten there in the fall. We can't wait!

Posted September 16, 2009
Sherwood is a fabulous school that emphasizes on cummunity and equality. It truly is one big family. The school works as a team to help each child do their best. I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Sherwood! All 4 of my Children have gone there. It is a great environment for kids and learning.

Posted June 08, 2009
My daughter will start 4th grade at Sherwood in the fall. I have nothing but good things to say about the school, the administration and the teachers. This school has a high level of parental involvement and I have been impressed with the staff's willingness to spend time at the school for extra curricular activities. My daughter's 3rd grade teacher has even come to some of her soccer games! Although the school is an 'open' school, meaning there are no floor to ceiling walls between classrooms, they do divide up the classrooms using bookcases and other type dividers. Although some people might be put off by an open school, I feel that it helps kids learn how to concentrate in an environment that is not always silent. They should be better prepared to deal with noisy offices and cubicles as working adults!

Sherwood Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2008
My daughter started this scool in her 3rd grade year after attending Military Schools(her daddy was a soldier). We have had nothing but problems with this school. First of all, there are no walls, so any child who has a hard time paying attention is doomed! Secondly, the teachers form cliques. If your kid has 1 bad experience..you will have nothing but bad experiences to follow. My 8 year old was too emotional for their likings. She has a high level of anxiety, and when stressed about not doing well...will quietly tear up and cry. Since then, I have been told she is nt on level 'socialy', however, academicly she is OK. Its a great school if you have a cookie cutter kid with no issues of any sort...but God hlp you if this is not the case! RUN!! We are considering moving, just to get away from this school!

Posted September 18, 2006
Sherwood is an 'open' school, with tall bookcases marking off classrooms instead of traditional walls. It is part of the Forest Hills School District, rated excellent by the state. The only drawbacks we have experienced so far are the too-short lunch periods (children feel too rushed and end up throwing away more than they eat) and the lack of foreign languages being introduced in the early grades. I feel the curriculum is very competitive with area prep schools' programs and the gifted students' program, in particular, is outstanding.

Sherwood Elementary School
7080 Grantham Way, Cincinnati, OH  45230
Last modified Sherwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sherwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.