Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted March 09, 2016
I'm grateful to my child for being a real trooper for putting up with this all year long, and Mommy is sorry she put you in this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 09, 2016
The teachers are too concerned about test scores and treat their students as a chore to be completed in opposition to actually enjoying their careers, and it clearly shows in the total disengagement and lack of individualistic thinking and critical thinking skills of the students.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted March 09, 2016
Extremely overboard. The school is only open for six and a half hours a day, and then the students are sent home with boatloads of homework, and recesses are taken a way to make up for the lack of time spent in the classroom.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted March 09, 2016
No. It completely instills a sense of either apathy or extreme dread in students who are individuals.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted March 09, 2016
No. It develops fear of ostracism if the students don't conform to the status quo. Fear and respect aren't the same thing.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted March 09, 2016
This school is a classic text book example of all the isms that have deteriorated our society, and it's way to bourgeois to understand terms like compassion, empathy, or caring.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 09, 2016
I will spend the entire summer correcting my child on why we don't go around acting like we're better than other people (especially those less fortunate) thanks to this school.

C O Harrison Elementary School 1

Posted March 09, 2016
I brought my child into this school upon recommendation from family members. Unfortunately I can never trust these family members advice again regarding education, and I do mean never, and this has seriously strained our relationship. However, considering the Cincinnati area doesn't have a whole lot to choose from regarding excellent schools, I can see why some would find this a good school. My child who used to love going to school now fights me to go to school. As this site hinders free speech I can't post all that I want to regarding this school, which is not derogatory, but mine and my child's experience being at this school, and though negative, not derogatory. I will say that I cannot strongly recommend enough against this school, especially if your child is special needs in any way. School pick up/drop off is highly dangerous. The street the school is located on is not capable of handling the flow of traffic that the school creates and the parking lot is entirely too small to handle the extremely large student body. I'm absolutely astounded that there hasn't been a wreck in the parking lot yet or a child has not been ran over on the street, parking lot, or side walk. The people who live off of the steet can't even access their homes in a safe manner. The part that is most astonishing is that this is an affluent neighborhood, one would expect that the taxpayers and government that administers this neighborhood would want to provide better for their children and their community, apparently not, as it has been brought to my attention by other parents that this "pick-up/drop off" situation has been occurring for quite a few years.

Posted March 03, 2009
CO Harrison is an excellent school-Yes we have a very large student body K-5 but our teachers and staff are wonderful. If you child excels or is alittle behind they know how to help. My kids love this school. They are proud to wear their spiritwear. Our PTA is very active. If you want diversity as in the last comment-well I'm sorry this school is located in an area that is not very diverse. But we welcome anyone to come and be a part of our staff and student body. Your kids will not be disappointed here.

Posted November 09, 2007
1,000 pupils! Parents almost have to home school in order for their children to keep up. Teachers have over 26 children per class. No diversity in teaching staff or student body.

585 Neeb Rd, Cincinnati, OH  45233
Last modified C O Harrison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.