Posted October 02, 2013
We have had two children graduate from Mercy's junior high, and our youngest child is a grade schooler. Our older children were extremely prepared academically and socially for high school and began their high school careers with a personal confidence and willingness to embrace learning that we feel was strongly developed at Mercy Montessori. Our youngest child is delighted to go off to school each day, loves his teachers and engaging school work, and has many sports, social, and artistic opportunities available to him. Having at least two lead Montessori teachers in each classroom creates an interactive and successful classroom environment. The Montessori curriculum is interesting, challenging, and develops concentration, self-direction, and pride in one's work - including the process of learning. The focus on community service and considering others is a great value to our family. The religious education is a plus, and we are grateful for the well-rounded experience Mercy Montessori has provided for our children. It's pricey, but Mercy has been worth the sacrifice.

Posted October 23, 2011
I continue to find that Mercy Montessori is an enriching and loving environment for our kids. Our Mercy graduate was well prepared for high school because of the unique attention offered by the junior high teachers.

Posted August 17, 2011
We came across Mercy quite by chance, and have been happy that we did ever since. My oldest child graduated from the 8th grade and had a very easy social and academic transition into a rigorous, non-Montessori high school in Cincinnati. She is confident and motivated, much of which I attribute to the education and attention she received from her teachers at Mercy. Our younger child is having an equally positive experience and his teachers know him so well. The three-year cycle in the Montessori classroom creates an amazing learning environment. We've been thrilled by the experience and our kids love school.

Mercy Montessori Center 3

Posted May 23, 2011
Mercy Montessori offers a great sense of community for most, but I personally find the school's environment to be rather exclusive and off-putting. Many of the families that have been apart of the school for several years are given more favorable treatment, as are their children. My child entered Mercy in the 6th grade, and did not feel entirely welcome. While the teachers were kind and lived up to the Montessori expectation, I would not recommend this school until there has been a change in administration.

Posted March 27, 2011
As grandparents of a 10 year old, we have participated in many events and school functions at Mercy for the past 3 years - we have observed many of the students, teachers and administrators - all are polite, knowledgeable, and informative. Our grandson loves the school, and continues to excel - great school.

Mercy Montessori Center 3

Posted January 25, 2011
Mercy provides a great sense of community for kids, and a wonderful empathetic spirit is infused in students. Unfortunately we found the academics very lacking for both of our children. When our kids reached a point where they could not pick up subjects on their own, some teachers were not able to meet their needs. This was especially true for math, the necessary drills of arithmetic required to really embed the basics are not done. Our child who is now doing well in Algebra at another school still has difficulty with basic arithmetic. After not passing the Walnut Hills math test the first time, it took many hours of home tutoring for our child to get these basic skills to barely pass it on a retake. For one of the more expensive private schools in Cincinnati, the academics did not at all meet our expectations.

Posted April 06, 2010
Mercy Montessori is an amazing school and in my humble opinion the best kept secret in Cincinnati. Mercy has a wonderful sense of community among the teachers, students & parents that allowed my three children to thrive. I am always impressed (but never surprised) by what students from Mercy Montessori go on to accomplish. My children loved going to school every single day and I loved taking them there.

Mercy Montessori Center 0

Posted February 22, 2009
I have 3 children. My 2 oldest attened another school and both wish they had Mercy Montessori as an option. My youngest attends Mercy and loves it- as do I. He constanly is sharing information learned at this fabulous school,has creative, strong and caring teachers and has made great friends. The extra activites in which he participates follow the same ethics and support set by the faculty. Mercy is a 5+++ school!

Posted February 10, 2009
All three of my children have attended Mercy. It has been a wonderful place for each of them. I am often surprised by (but shouldn't be at this point) just how much the teachers know about my children as individuals and about their learning styles. They really care and go above and beyond to make sure concepts are understood and then mastered. This has to be the best montessori school in the city...hands down. What the students accomplish after they leave Mercy speaks volumes for the quality of the education.

Posted October 03, 2008
I was hooked on Mercy as soon as I took the school tour! This is the perfect school for my son! The teachers are caring and nuturing while teaching the Montessori method. There are not enough words to desribe how special the principal is. She actually greets the children every morning in car line. She and all the teachers and staff treat my son as the special individual that he his and not just another student. I assure you they will do the same with your child! My family and I love everything about this school and would not consider any other school.

Mercy Montessori Center
2335 Grandview Avenue, Cincinnati, OH  45206
Last modified Mercy Montessori Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mercy Montessori Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.