Posted June 30, 2014
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!! The education is below horrible that my son came from another school and what he learned here set him back. The teachers care more about demerits than educating the children. The teachers give them out like candy. There is NO AIR in the school expect in office and computer room. If you have child that has allergies or asthma don't send them here. My son gets nosebleeds when he's hot and if I knew they didn't have air I would switched him that day. Most the kids from last year's 6th grade are not coming back they are looking at better schools. Like previous parents statement the principal is HORRIBLE!!! They need to clean house and fire him. They will do test on your children and not even ask your permission but ask you to sign a paper. My son had ear infection and I told them that and they still gave him a hearing test. There are no lockers so kids are coming home with book bags full of stuff which will hurt their backs later. Its no activities here for them. The math classes they have divided into advance and slow learners. PASS THE WORD ON DO NOT SEND KIDS HERE EVER!!

Posted June 20, 2014
My experience at St Cecelia School was very disappointing. This staff of teachers only care about giving out demerits and detention. The principal forms opinions about students and then dismisses them if he decides he doesn't like them. He made very negative comments to my child, which I felt was very unappropiate for a principal. I would never recommend this school to any parent or student. Most of the teachers don't seem to have a positive caring attitude towards the students. I was very disappointed with my experinece at this school. I feel a principal is suppose to lift up students not bring them down. They also dicipline students by having leave the class, sit in the hall or go to a lower grade class, so the student misses the class. The communication between teachers and parents is limited, unless it pertains to discipline.The teachers give out a lot of demerits and there seems to be no control of students in the classroom. They seem to blame the problems on the parents and students instead of the school, staff and principal. In my opinon this school needs a lot of improvement.

Posted May 29, 2012
The kindergarten helper was just let go with a week left in the school year. I was sorry to see her go, and in this final week of school it means that the remaining kindergarten teacher is handling the class without that help. A second accredited teacher is being brought onto staff for the coming school year, but I felt like the way the helper was let go now was not handled by the principal as best it could be. I have a very positive experience with the school overall though, and hope that the added 2nd K teacher next year will be great.

Posted March 05, 2012
St. Cecilia is a great school in the heart of Oakley. Our three children attend the school and feel a part of the community. The teachers and staff are very caring. They do a great job of teaching the Catholic faith and making it a part of everyday activities. Students are academically challenged. The principal is very energetic, and the kids love him. He has a great vision for the School and Parish.

Posted February 16, 2012
I currently have two daughters at St. Cecilia. My husband and I are absolutely in love with our school. Our children love it as well. The teachers are caring and loving. They are faithful and knowledgable. I truly believe that this school is one of the best Catholic Schools. I have a 5th grader who has been at St. C since kindergarten and a first grader. There is a strong academic curriculm, that will allow our children to succeed. We have had a wonderful experience all the way through. There is new leadership that I feel will allow for new and exciting changes to come.

Posted February 15, 2012
I have a son at St. Cecilia and we've been very happy with his education there so far. The school got a new principal in August 2011. He is doing a tremendous job. He is a true leader, with focus on academics, faith, involvement, and advancement. He cares about all of the kids at the school, and it's evident they respect and like him when I see them at recess asking him to play with them on the playground. Just in the first half of the year alone, he had brought new technology to several of the classrooms (including SMARTboards). We've been happy with both the kindergarten and first grade teachers who have been very attentive to our son's individual needs both educationally and socially. We're looking forward to our second child starting kindergarten there next year!

Posted February 10, 2011
I have a son at St. Cecilia, and find this school to be a great school for him. He has some learning problems, and the staff does a wonderful job of accomodating him and helping him to succeed. The staff goes out of their way to assist him. I couldn't be happier with this school.

Posted March 18, 2010
I couldn't agree more w/the last 2 posters. I've had children in St.C for the last 13 years (3 kids). The previous principal was beyond wonderful! She loved St.C w/her heart & soul. She loved each & every child & they loved her back. No one was ready for the cold & bitter woman who took over. It was so bad the 1st yr that 1 parent put a sign in his car window that said: 'Save St.C! Fire Miss (---)!' She's run families, faculty & staff out! It's been a mass exodus! We'd have left too but our only alternative is public schools. No one understands why the Archdiocese keeps her. She couldn't be less interested in the kids. Staff even talks abt how awful she is. It's so sad. 'If only' she showed a little concern. A school is only as good as its leader ~ and this one stinks!

St Cecilia Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2008
The Principal at this school is political, rude and has no warmth to her at all. I went to visit and she did not listen to anything that was said. This school is heading in the wrong direction with her leadership.

St Cecilia Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2008
Horrible, horrible, horrible...The principal is arrogant and puts her needs before the school and children. With that type of leadership you will have no success unless you give up your child's savings. Trust me no love in this school.

St Cecilia Elementary School
4115 Taylor Avenue, Cincinnati, OH  45209
Last modified St Cecilia Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Cecilia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.