No rating

St. Cecilia Elementary School

Private | K-8 | 180 students

Living in Cincinnati

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $193,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $610.

Sweep tile

Posted February 18, 2014

This is like sending your child to a public school. I wanted a private school education and this seems like public school education I'm getting. Seems like the teachers single out children and almost pick on them. When most of the children in the class are failing. There is no sports or extra activities. They barely shovel the parking lot when it snows. I think I am moving my child next year. It's other schools besides this one. This school doesn't even have heat. PLEASE STAY AWAY!!! CHOOSE ANOTHER SCHOOL

Posted May 29, 2012

The kindergarten helper was just let go with a week left in the school year. I was sorry to see her go, and in this final week of school it means that the remaining kindergarten teacher is handling the class without that help. A second accredited teacher is being brought onto staff for the coming school year, but I felt like the way the helper was let go now was not handled by the principal as best it could be. I have a very positive experience with the school overall though, and hope that the added 2nd K teacher next year will be great.

Posted March 5, 2012

St. Cecilia is a great school in the heart of Oakley. Our three children attend the school and feel a part of the community. The teachers and staff are very caring. They do a great job of teaching the Catholic faith and making it a part of everyday activities. Students are academically challenged. The principal is very energetic, and the kids love him. He has a great vision for the School and Parish.

Posted February 16, 2012

I currently have two daughters at St. Cecilia. My husband and I are absolutely in love with our school. Our children love it as well. The teachers are caring and loving. They are faithful and knowledgable. I truly believe that this school is one of the best Catholic Schools. I have a 5th grader who has been at St. C since kindergarten and a first grader. There is a strong academic curriculm, that will allow our children to succeed. We have had a wonderful experience all the way through. There is new leadership that I feel will allow for new and exciting changes to come.

Posted February 15, 2012

I have a son at St. Cecilia and we've been very happy with his education there so far. The school got a new principal in August 2011. He is doing a tremendous job. He is a true leader, with focus on academics, faith, involvement, and advancement. He cares about all of the kids at the school, and it's evident they respect and like him when I see them at recess asking him to play with them on the playground. Just in the first half of the year alone, he had brought new technology to several of the classrooms (including SMARTboards). We've been happy with both the kindergarten and first grade teachers who have been very attentive to our son's individual needs both educationally and socially. We're looking forward to our second child starting kindergarten there next year!

Posted February 10, 2011

I have a son at St. Cecilia, and find this school to be a great school for him. He has some learning problems, and the staff does a wonderful job of accomodating him and helping him to succeed. The staff goes out of their way to assist him. I couldn't be happier with this school.

Posted March 18, 2010

I couldn't agree more w/the last 2 posters. I've had children in St.C for the last 13 years (3 kids). The previous principal was beyond wonderful! She loved St.C w/her heart & soul. She loved each & every child & they loved her back. No one was ready for the cold & bitter woman who took over. It was so bad the 1st yr that 1 parent put a sign in his car window that said: 'Save St.C! Fire Miss (---)!' She's run families, faculty & staff out! It's been a mass exodus! We'd have left too but our only alternative is public schools. No one understands why the Archdiocese keeps her. She couldn't be less interested in the kids. Staff even talks abt how awful she is. It's so sad. 'If only' she showed a little concern. A school is only as good as its leader ~ and this one stinks!

Posted September 19, 2008

The Principal at this school is political, rude and has no warmth to her at all. I went to visit and she did not listen to anything that was said. This school is heading in the wrong direction with her leadership.

Posted September 19, 2008

Horrible, horrible, horrible...The principal is arrogant and puts her needs before the school and children. With that type of leadership you will have no success unless you give up your child's savings. Trust me no love in this school.

Posted February 21, 2008

I love St. Cecilia! My daughter starter kindergarten this school year and loves it as well! Ms. Marois and Mrs. Shlie are terrific! I am proud to tell people that my daughter goes to St. Cecilia! The teachers are great! The other parents are all so nice (I haven't encountered any stuck up parents yet!) . Its a great place, my daughter will continue to go to St.Cecilia!

Posted June 12, 2006

I find St. Cecilia to be a great school my two sisters and I attended there for many years. Now I choose to send my sons there, Ms Marois and Ms Bernert were wonderful this year they really made it a point for my five year old to feel comfortable with himself and the school.I was really pleased with everything St. Cecilia has to offer my children.

Posted September 8, 2004

I have two daughters in this school currently and another starting next year. I believe my children have received a top notch education and a very strong moral foundation for life. The teaching staff is very caring, supportive and shows great pride in their work and one can see how much they care for the students and how much the students care for the teachers. I find the principal to be a very caring woman and everyone in the school to have always been very helpful. It is a school that I would highly recommend. As for security and watching the students, they do that quite well. You can't even get into the building unless you are buzzed in and they only let people in they know. The kindergarten teacher only releases the kindergarten student(s) to the parent(s) or the person who the parent said was the pickup.

Posted July 28, 2004

What a disappointment. I moved my family here with the intent to have my kids go to St. Cecilia, from K-8th grade. But one year was enough! Safety is a real issue, as the teaching staff is very lax in watching the kids, the principal is arrogant and distant, and the facility itself is old and dumpy. We are MOVING!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Two or more races 10% N/A

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (513) 533-6068

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Cincinnati

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4115 Taylor Ave