St. James the Greater School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
Unfortunately my experience with this school was a very negative one. My child was the victim of some very nasty bullying. Based on what I've heard from other former parents, this is, unfortunately, not uncommon. I hope St. James can make some improvements when it comes to this issue because as of right now, it remains a problem.
2 people found this helpful

St. James the Greater School 4

Posted August 30, 2014
I am sending my first child to school here because of the academics. My family is not catholic. I understand this school is a catholic school but welcomes all faiths but I have heard staff saying over and over again- "we are seeing more and more non-catholics...." I don't see a problem with this I am trying to properly educate my child and I LOVE that they start teaching spanish in Kindergarden!! My child has only attended St. James for 1 week and I have seen favoritism to and with parents within the PTO kind of like high school cliques ( I hope this is just something I have misperceived). Also, my daughter whom is a kindergardener has consistently come home upset about comments from older children on the playground. Catholic or not they are accepting any religion and to openly point out religious differences and treat children/parents differently is unacceptable. I am trying to give my child the best chance at a 1st rate education on the westside but St. James also needs to prove that it is worthy of that ribbon whether you are catholic or not. I will update this later.

St. James the Greater School 4

Posted June 20, 2014
Positive changes are happening at St. James. The academic excellence which has been a hallmark of this school remains while a positive and welcoming environment has been created. The past is the past, let's look to the future.

Posted May 27, 2014
St. James is a great school! My daughters are just about ready to finish another year and both are thriving! They love school and I really attribute it to the teachers they have had. It's really a great community.

Posted January 29, 2014
I have one current student at St James and one future student. I couldn't be happier with the level of education and the sense of community St James provides my child. The teachers and staff truely care about all the childrens needs no matter their abilities. We are 100% satisfied with our decision to send our children to this wonderful school

Posted January 27, 2014
St. James is a wonderful school with excellent teachers. I have two children at St. James and one who will attend in the future. The teachers want each student to succeed and work closely with parents. The school has every resource available if your child might need extra attention. I feel welcome at the school and enjoy attending school events. I know that my family made the right choice with St. James. We continue to be impressed by St. James on a daily basis.

Posted January 25, 2014
Moving into the west side of Cincinnati 12 years ago, we were encouraged to look at the curriculum that St. James offered. Our four children have received not only an incredible education, but nurtured in a very caring, supportive environment with a wonderful staff and teachers. The reputation of St. James precedes the graduates, as we have witnessed when our older kid's high school teachers comment- 'you went to St. James, you will be a leader in this class', or ' Oh, you're from St. James? You will be totally fine with this class level (honors).' The class sizes are just the right size, and the junior high curriculum and fine art/phys ed electives let the children choose their interests. Service and extra curricular opportunities for growth and leadership begin early and continue throughout these formative years. The cafeteria offers several selections, including an ever-popular salad bar, and our beloved school nurse is full-time, and totally committed to our students well being. Choosing to move to White Oak, because of the 4-time blue ribbon winning school, St. James, was the best decision we have made for our four children and one we will never regret.

Posted January 24, 2014
I have a three children at St James and another that will be a kindergartner in the fall. I can not say enough good things about this school from the staff to the children to the families behind it all. We struggled with our decision on where to send our children when we first moved back into this area 6 years ago. I am so glad that we chose St James. I have three very different students in the way they learn and retain information, but are all equally challenged daily to reach the next level of success in a very positive and healthy environment. They love their teachers and enjoy going to school everyday. The school has gone through many changes in the last two years and I feel all are for the better and the school as a whole is growing in a great direction. There are so many options for the children during school, after school and through the parish and athletics that I think all students are guided to be the best version of themselves. I am involved in the classroom as well as other aspects of the school and look forward to getting more involved in the years to come.

Posted January 23, 2014
I have two sons that have graduated from St. James and a current 5th grader. All three of my sons have differing abilities and work at different levels, and my oldest has learning disabilties. All three have received a great education from St. James. The teachers are caring and worked with my children at the level appropriate for each of them. We have loved our experience. My kids have found academic success and were well prepared for high school. They have grown to be faith filled, confident young men, in large part due to their experience at St. James.

Posted January 23, 2014
St. James has been a great place for my 4 children. I'm not sure that I fully appreciated the value until my oldest entered high school. He was well prepared not only for the challenge of school but also for life. I see well rounded, good hearted kids that care about their peers and community at St. James. The staff and administration at St. James seems to be always looking for ways to make life better for the kids. It is such a peace of mind to have a place like St. James to send my children to.

St. James the Greater School
6111 Cheviot Rd, Cincinnati, OH  45247
Last modified St. James the Greater School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. James the Greater School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.