K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted April 16, 2016
The students behave terribly. The teachers show favoritism. Inclusiveness is shunned. Positive experiences are nonexistent.

Posted April 25, 2015
St. James is not a good school. The students and faculty are very unkind. There is also a very large bullying problem that is ignored by the staff. Academically, the school isn't much better. St. James teachers only cater to the top of the class. Students who are struggling receive little to no help. I would not recommend this school.

Posted November 13, 2014
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this school. I didn't find it to be very friendly or welcoming.

Posted September 16, 2014
Unfortunately my experience with this school was a very negative one. My child was the victim of some very nasty bullying. Based on what I've heard from other former parents, this is, unfortunately, not uncommon. I hope St. James can make some improvements when it comes to this issue because as of right now, it remains a problem.

St. James the Greater School 4

Posted August 30, 2014
I am sending my first child to school here because of the academics. My family is not catholic. I understand this school is a catholic school but welcomes all faiths but I have heard staff saying over and over again- "we are seeing more and more non-catholics...." I don't see a problem with this I am trying to properly educate my child and I LOVE that they start teaching spanish in Kindergarden!! My child has only attended St. James for 1 week and I have seen favoritism to and with parents within the PTO kind of like high school cliques ( I hope this is just something I have misperceived). Also, my daughter whom is a kindergardener has consistently come home upset about comments from older children on the playground. Catholic or not they are accepting any religion and to openly point out religious differences and treat children/parents differently is unacceptable. I am trying to give my child the best chance at a 1st rate education on the westside but St. James also needs to prove that it is worthy of that ribbon whether you are catholic or not. I will update this later.

St. James the Greater School 4

Posted June 20, 2014
Positive changes are happening at St. James. The academic excellence which has been a hallmark of this school remains while a positive and welcoming environment has been created. The past is the past, let's look to the future.

Posted May 27, 2014
St. James is a great school! My daughters are just about ready to finish another year and both are thriving! They love school and I really attribute it to the teachers they have had. It's really a great community.

Posted January 29, 2014
I have one current student at St James and one future student. I couldn't be happier with the level of education and the sense of community St James provides my child. The teachers and staff truely care about all the childrens needs no matter their abilities. We are 100% satisfied with our decision to send our children to this wonderful school

Posted January 27, 2014
St. James is a wonderful school with excellent teachers. I have two children at St. James and one who will attend in the future. The teachers want each student to succeed and work closely with parents. The school has every resource available if your child might need extra attention. I feel welcome at the school and enjoy attending school events. I know that my family made the right choice with St. James. We continue to be impressed by St. James on a daily basis.

Posted January 25, 2014
Moving into the west side of Cincinnati 12 years ago, we were encouraged to look at the curriculum that St. James offered. Our four children have received not only an incredible education, but nurtured in a very caring, supportive environment with a wonderful staff and teachers. The reputation of St. James precedes the graduates, as we have witnessed when our older kid's high school teachers comment- 'you went to St. James, you will be a leader in this class', or ' Oh, you're from St. James? You will be totally fine with this class level (honors).' The class sizes are just the right size, and the junior high curriculum and fine art/phys ed electives let the children choose their interests. Service and extra curricular opportunities for growth and leadership begin early and continue throughout these formative years. The cafeteria offers several selections, including an ever-popular salad bar, and our beloved school nurse is full-time, and totally committed to our students well being. Choosing to move to White Oak, because of the 4-time blue ribbon winning school, St. James, was the best decision we have made for our four children and one we will never regret.

St. James the Greater School
6111 Cheviot Rd, Cincinnati, OH  45247
Last modified St. James the Greater School is a Private school that serves grades K-8