Posted April 10, 2014
I only have experience with the Montessori and it is phenomenal. From the toddler program to the 3-6 year old Montessori programs, the kids are nurtured, challenged, and supported. The teachers have strong background in Montessori education and are extremely passionate about it. It amazes me what that have been able to teach the kids. It is not unusual to see four year-olds, and even some three year-olds reading and doing addition and subtraction. And somehow they make this fun. The kids enjoy school and are far from stressed. They also emphasize character development and core values, and have done a wonderful job building a sense if community amongst the kids, teachers, and parents. My kids have gained so much self confidence at The Summit. Worth every penny.

Posted February 21, 2014
Fabulous school. Teachers go above and beyond to know each child individually. Children's individual passions, whether they be academic, athletic, artistic, or spiritual, are recognized and fostered. Rigorous academics combined with a joyful community make this an incredible school.

Posted January 28, 2014
The Summit provides a thorough education. From athletics, academics, spirituality, and academics, Summit is equipped to fit the needs of the individual. I came from a very small inner city school and the transition was smooth. I was worried of the higher standards and of the new kids, but I learned to be outgoing. There is no exclusion and the Summit makes sure the student builds an amazing character and strong academics.

Posted January 18, 2014
Summit is a GREAT academic institution. My child and family are African-American. We have found my son's experience to be excellent. When issues have arisen, the staff and administration have moved quickly to handle. My son has been and has felt supported in all facets of his education. Our son is also an athlete. At Summit, there are no barriers to what he wants to achieve in his academics, in sports or in his extracurricular activities. The school IS very white, and most of the families who send their children there are wealthy or very close to it. But if a parent cannot prepare their children to deal with and handle those kinds of differences in people, then you may want to consider getting out of the parenting business.

The Summit Country Day School 4

Posted January 17, 2014
The Summit Country Day School is a great learning institution. The one area where it is sorely lacking is the emplypment of people of color.The african american students and all other ethnicities, should see faculty and staff who look like them.

The Summit Country Day School 1

Posted January 16, 2014
Summit School promises a lot, but does not deliver. I have a three year old son who is a late talker and staff promised my wife and I that they would be patient with him and work with him. They gave him 1 hour on his first and called my wife and said "your son is not a fit". 1 hour. That is joke. We talked them through all our concerns and what he needed, but when it counted, they let our family down. All the way up to the principal. This place is not for your son or daughter who might need a little more help/guidance. A pure joke.

Posted November 08, 2013
So impressed! My child is in their first year of the Montessori program at The Summit Country Day School. We could not be happier. The admissions staff has been warm and welcoming. They have gone above and beyond to make us feel included and comfortable. The teachers are also wonderful! The program is top notch and I can already see so much progress in my child after 2 short months. The program not only focuses on academics, but character development as well. They really strive to help their students become well rounded and successful. We live over 25 minutes from the school, but it's totally worth the drive. I would highly recommend checking out The Summit!

Posted October 15, 2013
From the moment we first toured the Summit Upper School we knew this was the right school for our children to prepare for College. The warm, caring environment with superior academics provides opportunities for students to understand their strengths and capitalize on being their best. The community is loving and accepting of all. Summit students graduate strongly prepared academically, socially and spiritually. Summit is one of a kind.

Posted October 14, 2013
Our son was set to attend St X with most of his friends but ended up choosing Summit after several shadow day visits. Summit provides personalized attention, strong curriculum, well rounded sports opportunities, and more. He has fit in very well and has never regretted choosing the Summit.

The Summit Country Day School 1

Posted August 01, 2013
All that glitters is not gold. The school is not all that it appears to be but they talk a good game. They violate athletic recruiting rules, doesn't exhibit a community feel unless you are caucasian and from Hyde Park. The academics are decent and the small class sizes are notable.

The Summit Country Day School
2161 Grandin Rd, Cincinnati, OH  45208
Last modified The Summit Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Summit Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews.