Bad
Good

I know Dater is a really good Montessori school. All 3 of my children are products of Dater and they are doing very well academically and in their own personal growth. The principal, teachers, and staff at Dater are committed to the children and their success. Dater has a strong community of families that continue to support the school even when their own children have gone on to middle school and beyond. The only thing I feel the school is missing is teaching the children foreign language within the classroom. They do, however, provide enrichment classes after school at a nominal cost. I encourage parent who values education, community, and diversity, to enroll their children in Dater Montessori. It is a wonderful experience for both parent and student.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The schoold develops honesty, integrity, and fairness because it encourages community. The school embraces and promotes diversity and the acceptance of all. The encouragement of community teaches the children to be honest, productive citizens and to be concerned about the people around them.

My child's school is awesome the principal is so nice dater Montessori is a great school look the website up my child loves her teacher this school should definitely win.

DATER MONTESSORI is a Great school a lot of one on one. Teachers act and show like they really care about the kids

Dater is an excellent school that I don't regret sending my kids to. Teachers are great.

We send our daughter to Dater and love it. I can not say enough about her teacher and the classroom environment. She attended preschool at a different school. And in comparison, Dater blows the old school out of the water. We hesitated to send her to preschool at Dater because the tuition is expensive for us but no regrets.

They have wonderful programs to keep the students engaged and involved.

After having a bad experience with a private preschool, my wife and I decided to send our son to Dater's preschool program so that he was guaranteed a spot in Kindergarten. The waiting list is VERY long and it's hard to get in. This proved to be an EXCELLENT decision. All of his teachers (especially Eillen Morgan-Hof) are WONDERFUL. The school is freshly renovated, complimenting the wonderful staff. Above and beyond the education, the community is fantastic. As devout Christians, we struggled with whether or not to send him to a Christian school. I can tell you that this school operates with decidedly Christian ideals. In fact, when I decided to read Maria Montessori's main book on her teaching method, I found that most of her ideals were based upon Catholic Church doctrine! Great school. Great principal. Great teachers. Great community. Great kids. Great decision.

We stayed in the CPS district when we bought our new (to us) house so that we could send our child to Dater Montessori. We have no regrets. Her teacher and IA are fabulous! They are both very willing to work with us and help find solutions to any problems we encounter. The school has moved back to their newly renovated building and it is beautiful! The teachers are planning so many new learning opportunities in the larger space. The principal is approachable and friendly, and knows a huge number of students by name. This is my first experience with Montessori and I am beyond impressed! It is really amazing to see a Montessori classroom at work. I cannot say enough good things about Dater Montessori, and I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!!

So thankful we found this school!! Didn't know too much about Montessori philosophy/curriculum when first son started 4-and-a-half-years-ago, but it's exactly what we needed. The kids spend 3 years in a 'community' with their teachers. This alone has deepened the educational experience, where a true learning relationship is developed and personalized learning strategies can be employed. Older children 'review' material by helping introduce the younger ones to concepts. Since this is a public magnet school, the kids are exposed to an enriching diversity, which is a reflection of our city. When the school community comes together for events and programs there is a very nice energy and positive atmosphere.

Last modified Dater Montessori Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.