Bad
Good

Fairview truly is the BEST school I have ever encountered. My oldest son attended K-6, and I cried for 2 weeks after his graduation. I was saddened to have to pull my youngest from Fairview when we moved out of the district. It is rigorous, yes, but very well worth it. This school will prepare your child for ANY school they attend 7-12. The best teacher there is Mrs. Moerlock. She might be the greatest teacher EVER. Mrs. Smith was my favorite kindergarten teacher, and Herr Heinze and Herr Rooksberry are fantastic in the German department. Also, with so many schools eliminating music programs, Fairview's is fortunately still strong thanks to Herr Knudsen who is phenomenal. Aside from the faculty, probably the best thing about Fairview is the kids. Your child will attend scool with wonderful children, from amazing families, and there is so much diversity. It's nice to know that when you take your kids to school everyday, they are around such nice peers. I would recommend this school to any family. There really is no other school like it. Fairview has and will always have a special place in my heart.

My child attended when she was very young. I was utterly dissatisfied with her teacher's lack of patience, compassion, supervision and discipline. She was physically bullied. Sometimes my child came home with injuries intentionally inflicted by classmates. As a result, her emotional well being suffered, especially since the teacher and school refused to address the issue. Student safety was a low priority. My child learned a lot while she was there but there was way too much pressure. Overall, the environment was intense and the children didn't seem happy. Learning is and should be fun. Academically, it's definitely a good school and there is active parental support. Parents would like to participate more but it is discouraged. Ultimately, student and parent's experience is largely dependent on the teacher. Although I regret sending my child there, I wish the students the best. By the way, they aren't taught German until kindergarten.

Fairview is a school that demonstrates how diversity and excellence can coincide. Children of different racial, ethnic, socio-economic, and other backgrounds learn to speak German here, as well as explore the arts, sciences, and math in great depth. Students' written works are displayed annually at Young Authors' Night. Children get to see that math and science are fun in Math and Science Night. Fairview students also have the opportunity to participate in an exchange program. The teachers are wonderful and hardworking. All in all, Fairview is a model of what public schools should be. We are so happy that our child attend this school.

My son attended Fairview for 2 years. We had a lot of negative issues with his Kindergarten teacher. As a 1st grader his learning greatly improved. We are no longer live in Cincinnati, but I would say that Fairview is a wonderful School, and I LOVE that it is a bilingual school. I might add, that I too attended Fairview in the late 70's and loved it then.

Fairview provides an excellent program for children which enables them to look at their world with a more global view.

We are very pleased with Fairview. The staff works so hard to do what is best for all children. Our son has a learning disability and we are very pleased with his specialized education pland and services that he receives. The Arts programs reach out to all students and make everyone feel special.

Last modified Fairview-Clifton German Language School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.