Fairview-Clifton German Language School 3

Posted June 30, 2012
My child attended when she was very young. I was utterly dissatisfied with her teacher's lack of patience, compassion, supervision and discipline. She was physically bullied. Sometimes my child came home with injuries intentionally inflicted by classmates. As a result, her emotional well being suffered, especially since the teacher and school refused to address the issue. Student safety was a low priority. My child learned a lot while she was there but there was way too much pressure. Overall, the environment was intense and the children didn't seem happy. Learning is and should be fun. Academically, it's definitely a good school and there is active parental support. Parents would like to participate more but it is discouraged. Ultimately, student and parent's experience is largely dependent on the teacher. Although I regret sending my child there, I wish the students the best. By the way, they aren't taught German until kindergarten.

Fairview-Clifton German Language School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
Fairview is a school that demonstrates how diversity and excellence can coincide. Children of different racial, ethnic, socio-economic, and other backgrounds learn to speak German here, as well as explore the arts, sciences, and math in great depth. Students' written works are displayed annually at Young Authors' Night. Children get to see that math and science are fun in Math and Science Night. Fairview students also have the opportunity to participate in an exchange program. The teachers are wonderful and hardworking. All in all, Fairview is a model of what public schools should be. We are so happy that our child attend this school.

Fairview-Clifton German Language School 4

Posted October 13, 2009
My son attended Fairview for 2 years. We had a lot of negative issues with his Kindergarten teacher. As a 1st grader his learning greatly improved. We are no longer live in Cincinnati, but I would say that Fairview is a wonderful School, and I LOVE that it is a bilingual school. I might add, that I too attended Fairview in the late 70's and loved it then.

Posted July 23, 2008
Fairview provides an excellent program for children which enables them to look at their world with a more global view.

Posted August 03, 2007

Posted August 02, 2007
We are very pleased with Fairview. The staff works so hard to do what is best for all children. Our son has a learning disability and we are very pleased with his specialized education pland and services that he receives. The Arts programs reach out to all students and make everyone feel special.

Posted September 07, 2006
I have two children at the school and have had an excellent experience. The teachers are great but one of the other assets of Fairview is the families/parents. They are very involved in their children's lives and education. One of the things that makes Fairview a great place is parental involvement. This year Fairview is one of only two Cincinnati Public Schools to be granted the Ohio Board of education's EXCELLENT SCHOOL rating. What more can I say? It is an excellent school in many more ways than academically.

Fairview-Clifton German Language School 4

Posted April 28, 2006
Fairview is a great school!It is one of the best choices if you are looking for a strong academic program in this public school district. My children have also benefited from a gifted program and support for learing difficulties. I have found that the teachers are great although there have been some bad apples over the years. All and all if you are interested in strong academics, germain language, diversity, strong parent involvement and lots of extra activities this is definately a school to check out.

Posted March 27, 2006

Fairview-Clifton German Language School 3

Posted January 09, 2006
Band really good and orchestra oustanding. My children didn't actually learn German, but normal coursework was fine. Very claustrophobic--not enough chairs. Best in earlier grades.

Fairview-Clifton German Language School
3689 Clifton Ave, Cincinnati, OH  45220
Last modified Fairview-Clifton German Language School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview-Clifton German Language School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.