John P Parker Elementary School 5

Posted April 25, 2014
This is my first year with this school and my grandson is in kindergarten and I have been very happy with his teachers. I have a lot of involvement with the school and I feel that they are very caring people and they try to get as much outside assistance as possible to make things better for the school and its students. They are truly trying to help the students and their families any way they can. I did not see this type of caring and support for students and families from the school my daughter went to. I understand the school may have had some rocky times in the past but I do feel they are doing everything to correct that.

Posted February 12, 2013
There is a lack of communication between teachers/parents. The secretary is RUDE beyond belief, and seems hassled by anyone who stops in the office for information regarding their child. I don't think that type of negative attitude is acceptable for someone who works around children, and is responsible for greeting guests. As a parent, I'm not satisfied with my child's learning experience here, for one, my child never has homework. This is not a school I would like my child to continue to attending, if you value your child's education, I would not recommend this school at all.

John P Parker Elementary School 5

Posted November 10, 2012
i am a community partner in Madisonville and feel John P Parker is an excellent school with the leadership of the school's principal

Posted March 01, 2011
My child attends this school but this will be his last week there. So far he has been there for the 2010-11 school year and so far he has not been on not one field trip. They dont make learning a fun experience. Staff seem to have no point, they leave kids sitting around, negative attitudes and this makes the school a negative atmosphere. I would NOT recommend your child to this school.

John P Parker Elementary School 0

Posted April 25, 2010
I am a college student who was recently placed in John P. Parker (Dec. 2009) for a 20 hour field experience. I left the school each day feeling physically ill, my nerves were shot and I felt so sorry for the students. Every teacher I came into contact with SCREAMED all day, there was no positive discipline or positive redirection. I was only there for 20 hours and I never want to go back, I can not imagine spending grades K-8 in that building. The building itself is very nice, but the teachers are flirting with verbal abuse. I have told everyone I know about this experience. I would encourage anyone who can get their children out of that school and into a charter school to do so.

John P Parker Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
I love John P Parker school because it is community driven. The staff is willing to reach out to the neighborhood and participate whenever requested. Our community is one of the most diverse in the City of Cincinnati and the future calls for diversity. Our school have gone through a rough period, but is fianlly returning to a school that our citizens can be proud of.

Posted January 01, 2008
There is a serious lack of discipline in this school...they do not enforce their own rules, especially the uniform policy. Good students who are ready to learn must sit and wait while the teachers 'babysit' other students or deal with students who have behavioral problems beyond the scope of a regular classroom, much less the overcrowded one in which they are working.

John P Parker Elementary School
5051 Anderson Place, Cincinnati, OH  45227
Last modified John P Parker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John P Parker Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.