Bad
Good

We had already heard of the excellent educational experience at Mt Washington Elementary, but we ultimately chose it because of how it made us feel during our visit. The diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities and thought leaders made us believe our children would feel at home there. The health care center onsite has been an amazing convenience for our family. With two working parents, knowing that our son has easy access to a medical professional when that next sickness strikes puts our minds at ease and helps us stay at work. Mt Washington Elementary has given our son an excellent start to his education. He?s only in Kindergarten, but he can read, write and perform basic math. It?s amazing what they?ve done to kick-start his learning journey. Above all else, we feel the teachers and staff care about our son?s well-being and his education at Mt Washington Elementary. He loves his teachers and his school, and we couldn?t imagine sending him anywhere else.

My two kids (third and fifth grades) have now been at Mt. Washington for six years, and overall, we have had a great experience. The principal, teachers and staff are great--they really care about the kids, and their standards are high, as they should be. My kids are always expected to learn and perform well, and this inevitably leads to good results. When expectations are high and kids are comfortable with that, they tend to live up to those expectations. I have no doubt that my children will be well prepared for higher education and to push themselves when they into work situations. We've been very happy with Mt. Washington

This is the second year my grandchildren have attended Mt. Washington. It is by far the best CPS school we have had the children enrolled in and the sole reason for this is the overall attitude of the principal, staff and the parents. We actually decide to send the now 8th grader to Mt. Washington for one more year rather than send him to Walnut Hills for this year. We felt thatanother year to help engrain good study skills and self discipline would be a better benefit to him than the equally excellent but more impersonal facility at Walnut Hills.

A hidden gem within Cincinnati Public Schools. Great staff, great location, and somewhat diverse student population. Urban school in more of a suburban setting!

I'm a single mother and have 2 children attenting MTW school. 1 in K, the other in 8th Grade. I had one child visiting a non puplic school for a while and I have to say MTW is doing a way better job.The staff I'm familiar with is going out of their way to help each child succeed and are very devoted to their job as mentors, be it the Office staff or teachers. If I could change one local law, it would be that Public Schools get a) more funding and b) the teachers and staff get paid what they deserve for being so devoted and doing such an excellent job. Not just teaching (and they are miracle workers!), but being there for the children and listening to them and helping them finding solutions, to suit their needs. This school REALLY cares!

My son loves his new school and they just recieved a blue ribbon award!!

It has a very nice academic reach but needs more teachers to take some of the weight off the teachers.

Last modified Mt. Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.