Mt. Washington Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
My two kids (third and fifth grades) have now been at Mt. Washington for six years, and overall, we have had a great experience. The principal, teachers and staff are great--they really care about the kids, and their standards are high, as they should be. My kids are always expected to learn and perform well, and this inevitably leads to good results. When expectations are high and kids are comfortable with that, they tend to live up to those expectations. I have no doubt that my children will be well prepared for higher education and to push themselves when they into work situations. We've been very happy with Mt. Washington

Mt. Washington Elementary School 1

Posted January 07, 2009

Posted August 30, 2008
This is the second year my grandchildren have attended Mt. Washington. It is by far the best CPS school we have had the children enrolled in and the sole reason for this is the overall attitude of the principal, staff and the parents. We actually decide to send the now 8th grader to Mt. Washington for one more year rather than send him to Walnut Hills for this year. We felt thatanother year to help engrain good study skills and self discipline would be a better benefit to him than the equally excellent but more impersonal facility at Walnut Hills.

Posted August 26, 2008
A hidden gem within Cincinnati Public Schools. Great staff, great location, and somewhat diverse student population. Urban school in more of a suburban setting!

Posted May 12, 2008
I'm a single mother and have 2 children attenting MTW school. 1 in K, the other in 8th Grade. I had one child visiting a non puplic school for a while and I have to say MTW is doing a way better job.The staff I'm familiar with is going out of their way to help each child succeed and are very devoted to their job as mentors, be it the Office staff or teachers. If I could change one local law, it would be that Public Schools get a) more funding and b) the teachers and staff get paid what they deserve for being so devoted and doing such an excellent job. Not just teaching (and they are miracle workers!), but being there for the children and listening to them and helping them finding solutions, to suit their needs. This school REALLY cares!

Posted March 10, 2008
My son loves his new school and they just recieved a blue ribbon award!!

Posted July 30, 2007
It has a very nice academic reach but needs more teachers to take some of the weight off the teachers.

Mt. Washington Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2005
Teachers are excellent! Disciplne program is very good. Has a private school feel.

Posted January 24, 2005
As a parent of a kindergartner at Mt. Washington School, I can say that our experience so far has been very positive. My son's reading, math and social skills are improving at a rapid pace, and he is happy at the Mount. We have had great interactions with his teachers, the principal, the staff and other involved parents who have all been wonderfully open and responsive to any problems or questions we've had. We love Mount Washington!

Mt. Washington Elementary School
1730 Mears Ave., Cincinnati, OH  45208
Last modified Mt. Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.