Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

So far we have only experienced on teacher - a PreK teacher who is fantastic!

My son is in PreK. So far, our experience has been excellent! His teacher is wonderful and also instructs other Montessori teachers at Xavier University. She shows her students lots of personal attention. When she found out my son was not looking forward to going to school, she took action by creating a small game for him to play every morning and totally turned his attitude around. Now he looks forward to going to school and is sad when he can't go. We couldn't be happier.

PRM IS GREAT......PRINCIPAL TEACHERS AND STAFF ARE CONSCIENTIOUS AND CARING.. THEY COMMUNICATE WELL TO STUDENT AND THE PARENT. TEST SCORES ARE IMPROVING AND THE STUDENTS ARE WELL BEHAVED AND MANNERABLE. MY FIRST GRADES OFTEN SHARES THINGS HE HAS LEARNED AND HOLD ENGAGING CONVERSATIONS ABOUT HIS SCHOOL EXPENRIENCE. PRM IS DEFINITELY MAKING CONSTANT IMPROVEMENTS. THE OLD TEST SCORE RESULTS DO NOT REFLECT THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENT AND STANDARDS. I AM VERY PLEASED THAT MY CHILD IS IN GOOD HANDS AT PRM. IT TRULY DOES ROCK...

I love this school the teachers are so good to the students my children have never been involved in so many different things I could never ask for any better school for my children

PRM is an example of a neighborhood Montessori program that works! An incredibly dedicated staff working diligently to ensure that the needs and goals of a diverse student body are met. The parent and community involvement is impressive. Our kids have been at this school for several years and we love it!

We feel so fortunate to live in a school district that values a community and team-based approach to education. Parent and teacher involvement, dynamic and continuous improvement based on feedback as well as impressive leadership makes this school one of a kind. My daughers are being set up for success through the Montessori style of teaching partnered with excellent teachers and community.

After three years of being bullied in a Catholic school, and a year and a half in online school, we tried PRM. During the tour my grandson was excited, and was thrilled to begin. The support staff is fabulous. There is NO BULLYING. Evveryone is part of a community. We will miss the school and fabulous principal when he goes to Clark next year.

PRM is a great community. The Montessori method has given our kids such a strong framework for language arts and reading. The multi-age classrooms are also great because students can move at their own pace much more naturally. It really works well for kids who are moving faster. My kids love it because they can tackle the big questions like, 'What is the Big Bang?', 'How have languages evolved?,' 'How big is 1,000?' PRM also has wonderful after school programs, the musicals are great and it offers sports teams. They also have a school garden and a nature playscape which is unique. The down-sides are that logistics can be a hassle sometimes, e.g. the car lines are not very kid-friendly, dealing with CPS regulations can be a drag, etc. The students also have very little time to eat & play outside, just 30 minutes (though that's fairly standard in public schools, I think). Also, because the school is growing fast, some families might find the size overwhelming.

We love Pleasant Ridge Montessori for so many reasons. Parents and community members are involved and invested in this school. The Montessori curriculum has been perfect for both my daughter, who is a hard-working, self-motivated learner who thrives when she is challenged, and for my son, who is very active and would have a tough time sitting in a desk all day. I am constantly amazed at the caliber of work they are doing. Unlike some schools, PRM still has art, music and PE as part of the school day, and community partners team up with the school to offer unique enrichment programs (arts, STEM, nature and more) during and after school and as summer camps. PRM's school garden is an amazing place and has transformed the school yard into a place where children have hands-on learning experiences and grow food that they get to eat! We've been involved with this school for nearly eight years, since the inception of the Montessori curriculum, and it just keeps getting better. Test scores don't begin to tell the story of PRM.

I am hearing great things about pleasant ridge Montessori from families in the neighborhood!! Tons of parent involvement, motivated teachers, growing community! Looking forward to touring for my son!

Last modified Pleasant Ridge Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.