Posted May 02, 2014
PRM IS GREAT......PRINCIPAL TEACHERS AND STAFF ARE CONSCIENTIOUS AND CARING.. THEY COMMUNICATE WELL TO STUDENT AND THE PARENT. TEST SCORES ARE IMPROVING AND THE STUDENTS ARE WELL BEHAVED AND MANNERABLE. MY FIRST GRADES OFTEN SHARES THINGS HE HAS LEARNED AND HOLD ENGAGING CONVERSATIONS ABOUT HIS SCHOOL EXPENRIENCE. PRM IS DEFINITELY MAKING CONSTANT IMPROVEMENTS. THE OLD TEST SCORE RESULTS DO NOT REFLECT THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENT AND STANDARDS. I AM VERY PLEASED THAT MY CHILD IS IN GOOD HANDS AT PRM. IT TRULY DOES ROCK...

Posted April 29, 2014
I love this school the teachers are so good to the students my children have never been involved in so many different things I could never ask for any better school for my children

Posted April 13, 2014
PRM is an example of a neighborhood Montessori program that works! An incredibly dedicated staff working diligently to ensure that the needs and goals of a diverse student body are met. The parent and community involvement is impressive. Our kids have been at this school for several years and we love it!

Posted April 11, 2014
We feel so fortunate to live in a school district that values a community and team-based approach to education. Parent and teacher involvement, dynamic and continuous improvement based on feedback as well as impressive leadership makes this school one of a kind. My daughers are being set up for success through the Montessori style of teaching partnered with excellent teachers and community.

Posted April 09, 2014
After three years of being bullied in a Catholic school, and a year and a half in online school, we tried PRM. During the tour my grandson was excited, and was thrilled to begin. The support staff is fabulous. There is NO BULLYING. Evveryone is part of a community. We will miss the school and fabulous principal when he goes to Clark next year.

Posted April 09, 2014
PRM is a great community. The Montessori method has given our kids such a strong framework for language arts and reading. The multi-age classrooms are also great because students can move at their own pace much more naturally. It really works well for kids who are moving faster. My kids love it because they can tackle the big questions like, 'What is the Big Bang?', 'How have languages evolved?,' 'How big is 1,000?' PRM also has wonderful after school programs, the musicals are great and it offers sports teams. They also have a school garden and a nature playscape which is unique. The down-sides are that logistics can be a hassle sometimes, e.g. the car lines are not very kid-friendly, dealing with CPS regulations can be a drag, etc. The students also have very little time to eat & play outside, just 30 minutes (though that's fairly standard in public schools, I think). Also, because the school is growing fast, some families might find the size overwhelming.

Posted April 08, 2014
We love Pleasant Ridge Montessori for so many reasons. Parents and community members are involved and invested in this school. The Montessori curriculum has been perfect for both my daughter, who is a hard-working, self-motivated learner who thrives when she is challenged, and for my son, who is very active and would have a tough time sitting in a desk all day. I am constantly amazed at the caliber of work they are doing. Unlike some schools, PRM still has art, music and PE as part of the school day, and community partners team up with the school to offer unique enrichment programs (arts, STEM, nature and more) during and after school and as summer camps. PRM's school garden is an amazing place and has transformed the school yard into a place where children have hands-on learning experiences and grow food that they get to eat! We've been involved with this school for nearly eight years, since the inception of the Montessori curriculum, and it just keeps getting better. Test scores don't begin to tell the story of PRM.

Posted September 26, 2013
I am hearing great things about pleasant ridge Montessori from families in the neighborhood!! Tons of parent involvement, motivated teachers, growing community! Looking forward to touring for my son!

Posted January 27, 2013
The statistics on this website for both economic and racial diversity are quite out of date. We are now at 61% of students eligible for free or reduced lunch, down from 98% 6 years ago. This has changed as we have increased the number of students, and greatly added to the socio-economic diversity by making it a fabulous neighborhood public school. Seeing is believing, come take a tour.

Posted September 21, 2012
Pleasant Ridge Montessori is beginning to see the results of years of parental involvement to turn around the former Pleasant Ridge School. As students have moved up through the ranks, test scores have improved, and will continue to do so as more people discover this hidden gem. It's not just test scores, though. My children are challenged to be leaders, to treat others with respect, to show empathy for people who are different, to think divergently, to be independent. In short, they are learning values much larger than facts and figures. They are being prepared for the world of the future. Parents started this school, and parents continue to lead it. Just last week, 65 parents came to our PTO meeting. The depth of commitment is profound. We have turned down out of state job offers to stay at this school, that's how much we love it. It is such a hidden gem in this city.

Pleasant Ridge Montessori School
5945 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH  45213
Last modified Pleasant Ridge Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Ridge Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews.