Cincinnati, OH
Students enrolled: 1,400
Before care: Yes

Posted October 29, 2014
Our family has been part of the CHCA community for 5 years. I have children who have been at the elementary (EBL), Middle School, and now a graduating senior at the High School. My children are completely different learners and have vastly different interests, yet CHCA has more than enough to challenge and enrich both. They have been involved in athletics, fine arts, service/outreach, faith based groups, and technology clubs. The academic rigor is equal to or greater than that of other private schools in the area, some costing much more. Theological integration permeates all facets of the school, and we have found that our children not only know about their faith, but they are eager to live ti and share it. Although both kids have at times dealt with social/peer issues so common in adolescence, the responsiveness of teachers/administrators to help all parties work through things helped. We have found the teachers to be true professionals who love their work and the school. We highly recommend CHCA .

Posted October 18, 2014
Since switching my child to CHCA, he has grown socially, academically and spiritually beyond my expectations. I was raised in public schools and believed in them wholeheartedly. That was until last year when I lost hope in the quality of education and too much government control. CHCA is part of my life, my child's life and it has secured an excellent education for my child's future.

Posted April 12, 2014
CHCA is a great school to get you well prepared for college, currently a high school student, I can tell you some nights I have only a hour of homework and the next night I have over 10 hours and yes i have stayed up till 3am some nights studying, in order to get a 3.0 you have to be working very hard and study a lot, you cant get above a 2.0 without trying and being motivated to study. I would recommend this school to any student that is motivated and can take the work load. The lunches seem a bit unhealthy though and the students are extremely cliquish. I do seem to see many asian and some blacks around the school, most are exchange but they still add to the diversity of the school. The high school is the least diverse out of the 3 school it seems with the elementary being quite diverse for its area. They arent very strict when it comes to dress code, electronics though. Here comes the bad part, some of the teachers are just downright terrible and others are very good though.

Posted March 28, 2014
I am amazed each day by what goes on here at CHCA. The faculty and staff have built into and transformed my sons in such incredible ways. The experiences here are like no other. In addition to the top notch education they are receiving, knowing our amazing teachers are praying for our children each day is meaningful beyond words. We are so blessed to be here!

Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 3

Posted September 23, 2013
It is my third year at CHCA, and I am in 11th grade. While the academics are excellent, and I love all my teachers, I am not a fan of my fellow students. They were very mean to me when I first came, and almost caused me to transfer. Sometimes I wish I did. The kids say they are Christian, but many of them do not act that way. While there are some good kids, they are reluctant to let new people in, preferring the people they have known for years. If you don't want your kid to feel unaccepted by their peers do not send them to this school. They have tried before to fix these issues, but those same snobby kids that think they are so cool just go back to their ignorant ways. If this school truly wants to change they have to give those kids a good yelling, and get it drilled in their minds that disrespecting your perfectly nice peers and teachers is neither okay or Christian.

Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 3

Posted July 19, 2013
Despite what you may hear, CHCA is a good school. Actually it is an exceptionally good school, especially for young children. The elementary school gives students an amazing foundation in reading, writing, and maths. It even has a small gifted program for more precocious minds. My son loved every minute of it. But after fourth grade it goes downhill: the middle school. It is a topsy-turvy time in any child's life and the middle school's social pressures, lackluster teachers (incredibly high staff turn-over rate), and lack of advanced/gifted programs create a brain drain that lowers the reputation of the rest of the school. I remember my son coming home from school frustrated that he wasn't being challenged, begging me to look elsewhere. My husband and I decided on a highly rated public school and transferred him out after eighth grade. He wasn't alone... many other parents of gifted children made the same decision. My son was a National Merit Scholar, at the top of his class, and now is at an Ivy League school. The CHCA High School, as it turns out, is an incredible school and if the middle school wasn't so bad he would have been a CHCA graduate.

Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 2

Posted July 02, 2013
This rating is based on the inability of the elementary school to implement their own bullying policies, the "hit and miss" quality of teacher instruction (some are great, others terrible) and the Christian veil that the administration hides behind as prayers are nothing more than talking points and are enitrely inappropriate in a prayer context. This rating is also based on the middle school's poor academic teaching in math. While they continually espouse that they are ahead of the public school system, they are not. The accelerated math is on par with the public school system (regular math) and the regular math at CHCA is an entire year behind the public school system. In addition, the administration here also uses prayer in an oddly non-Christian way actually praying "Help us understand that it is not about the cirriculum, but about the people". All this time I thought I was paying for them to educate my child. One last issue I found with the middle school is that they require parent volunteers during certain events. By definition "volunteering" is a gift, not a requirement. I actually had to take off work to "volunteer" if I wanted my child to be able to participate.

Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 4

Posted May 16, 2013
I attended CHCA from 2nd grade through high school graduation. I am now a high school educator and have developed a deeper level of gratitude for the education I received. Because of CHCA, I was well over prepared for college (I actually think my high school experience was, in some ways, more challenging than college). I had teachers at CHCA that genuinely cared for me and inspired me to follow in the same profession. Something even greater that I took away from CHCA was my lifelong friendships. Most people I have met in my adult life no longer keep in touch with high school friends (except through Facebook, of course), but I have about 4 girlfriends that I know will always be close. I know this is rare and very special. However, I know there are many who attend CHCA and have very different experiences than what I had... I think it is harder for new students to break through the cliques that have been established since elementary or middle school when just joining the scene at the high school level. Something the school could work on: encouraging a welcoming and inviting attitude to new arrivals amongst the student body. There seems to be a lack of open-mindedness on this front.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 26, 2013
I attended this school from 7th grade until I graduated high school. It was a wonderful, supportive environment. Now I have a child of my own and am trying to figure out a way to get him in the school. It is worth it to send your child there.

Posted October 23, 2012
We chose CHCA because of its success blending exceptional academics with a strong moral foundation and excellence in athletics, fine arts, and community service. CHCA s elementary schools are amazing they ooze love and support with great parental engagement. Students at the Middle School get very involved in community service projects including optional mission trips serving orphans in Mexico. Not only does the High School s excellence lead to huge academic scholarships at top universities, CHCA offers a unique opportunity for students to engage simultaneously in elite programs in athletics, fine arts, and servant-leadership. Many students win conference championships in two or three sports and are recruited as D-I athletes. The Fine Arts program is the best in the region, churning out professional musicians and countless awards in a fun, supportive environment. Students are mentored to lead community service projects for many local charities. CHCA helped our children become better people with a deeper faith than they ever would have had with our upbringing alone. CHCA reinforced and honed values we imperfectly displayed at home and has been an amazing blessing in our lives.

Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
11525 Snider Road, Cincinnati, OH  45249
Last modified Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top