Cincinnati, OH

Posted March 11, 2015
Personally, I think that MVCA is a joke. The teachers and staff are ignorant as to what is really going on within the schools. Most of the teachers have no education background, which is obvious when you sit in a classroom. If you are a student who does not succeed without teachers help, you were looked down on by EVERY teacher and even some of the staff. For labeling themselves as a Christian school, they do not have the actions to support it. There were many incidences of teachers gossiping about students and students finding out. A VERY hypocritical school. But many parents are unable to see it since they aren't in the every day classroom. I have now been in college for 3 years and my freshman year I felt like I was not prepared not only for my classes, but for life. MVCA shelters you from even acknowledging there is "bad" things in the world and how to deal with them.

Posted January 30, 2015
I am a current parent of 2 students and one grad. MVCA prepared my child very well for the rigors of an intense college curriculum. Because the school is smaller, kids are able to explore and participate in a host of activities across the spectrum of fine arts, music, theatre, and sports that would simply not be possible at a large school. When you walk the halls, you can see and feel the love and care that the teachers, staff, and administration have for the students. Character is taught from a biblical worldview. In a culture where our morals and beliefs shift like sand blowing in the wind, I thank God for a school that partners with me in the development of the whole child!

Posted January 22, 2015
I am an MVCA parent and alumni parent. The teachers at MVCA care and love on my children, are available to them for extra help, and are a godly example to them. My older children were and are well prepared for college. The school's small size is a positive, not a negative, with smaller class sizes and greater opportunities for participation in sports, music and drama. As for athletics being sub-par (as in the previous reviews), one need only look at the success of the high school volleyball, football, and basketball teams this year - their records and individual awards speak for themselves.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 22, 2015
MVCA is a great school. Its size is a strength!!! Teachers have a chance with such low class sizes to know your child, their learning style and customize to meet educational needs. Parents and students really get to know each other and spend time together outside of school too. Fine arts and athletic opportunities are plentiful and competitive. With the small size, there is room on teams for most students unlike mega public schools. Students don't get "lost" at MVCA like other schools and they can go from prek-12th in the same environment. There are new science labs, gyms, and chapel. A new athletic complex is soon to be built. It is all here. Don't let a few nasty reviews from one disgruntled family prevent you from checking out MVCA.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 22, 2014
I agree with the review about this school being miniscule after 18 years. It is not going to grow under the current administration. Their academics and athletics are sub par. There a two families who run the school and control the administration. Resources are limited and teaching lacks innovation. There are many schools in the area that will give your child a better education and provide a better environment.
5 people found this helpful

Posted July 21, 2014
Great School; Great Staff; Excellent choice for any parent wanting biblical-based, traditional education for their child.

Posted July 20, 2014
We currently have 2 children attending MVCA- a Sophomore and a 7th grader. Both have been attending MVCA since Kdg. I have to say that we are extremely happy with the education that our children have gotten and are getting. Both of my children have thrived at MVCA socially, academically and in sports. The great thing about MVCA is the opportunities the kids have to participate in various extracurricular activities. For example you can play sports, play in the band and be in the dramas all at the same time! The teachers are very knowledgeable in their subject area and are always willing to help when asked. I can not tell you how many times teachers have told me and my children if they need help to just come to them. Their teachers have even offered to come in before school and stay after school to help. The students at MVCA consistently score 2 to 2 1/2 years above grade level on standardized assessments and receive hundreds of thousands of dollars in college scholarships each year. I highly recommend MVCA to any family that is looking for a Christ centered, character developing education for their child(ren).

Posted July 18, 2014
I wrote a review and did not get the stars right!!! It is a great school. We love MVCA

Posted June 09, 2014
MVCA will be 18 years old in August 2014 and their growth has been miniscule. There is a reason for this. My children attended this school for several years and it was the biggest mistake we ever made concerning their education. A complete waste of money that could have been put toward their college fund was unfortunately spent on tuition dollars for a lousy education taught by bottom of the barrel, legalistic and lazy teachers. A few years ago they were fortunate enough to have two high caliber educators teach Science and Math, but they have since left. In my opinion, the entire faculty should be at a high caliber level, but that is definitely not the case. The administration refuses to address the issue of bullying at this school and I've found that most families that have stayed enjoy their child being the big fish in a little pond so to speak. If I had to do it over, I would send my kids to either Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy or Seven Hills. Both are excellent institutions that expect a lot from their faculty and have the curriculum, programs and a modern school campus that justify their tuition cost.
6 people found this helpful

Posted June 09, 2014
Very disappointed. We have 2 children attending and very disappointed. If up to me I will no longer support this school. I can get better resources and teachers in the public arena and not spend private school prices!!! I really wanted this school to succeed but it let me down. They will not get any more of my hard earned money from this point forward.
5 people found this helpful

Miami Valley Christian Academy
6830 School St, Cincinnati, OH  45244
Last modified Miami Valley Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Miami Valley Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top