Posted May 03, 2013
We are finishing up our daughter's third year at the Lab School and we are so excited about all of the great things that are happening as the school moves through a big transition of growth and rebirth. It has never been a better time to be a Lab School family. We are constantly amazed by the high-quality instruction and community of care that has made our daughter's time their so special. As a former teacher I can attest to the academic quality of the program in comparing the level of academic achievement of children at the Lab School versus average children in those age groups. As a parent who deeply values principles of community and social justice, I just can't say enough about the beauty of raising children who are educated in such a diverse, peace-education-focused environment.

Posted March 03, 2013
Our family has been at Xavier University Lab School for 2 years and we LOVE IT! I say "our family" instead of "my child" b/c it truly is a family environment. The parents, teachers, and faculty work together to provide the most nurturing and educational of environments. They are authentic in their Montessori ways and techniques. We are so excited the Lab School has expanded!!!!! We hope to be at XUMLS through all 8 elementary years,

Posted March 03, 2013
About a year and a half ago, I was on this site and stressing as a parent who wants the very best for her children. I felt that Xavier Montessori's elementary program was where my son should be but was very nervous of the low ratings and reviews on this site. I am so thankful I went with my gut! We feel it is a phenomenal program. Our son has done wonderfully and really enjoys it. There was some teacher turnover as stated in other reviews, but they did not have anything to do with the school specifically. One teacher left to stay home with her baby, one teacher's spouse was relocated, another teacher had unexpected family needs, etc. We are thankful the school has expanded for next year and can't wait for even more expansion in 2 years. We pray our son will be able to attend through 8th grade.

Posted March 01, 2013
XUMLS is a great school that adheres to the principles of montessori education. The lab school community is friendly and open. We have been impressed with our child's emotional and intellectual growth over the past several years. Our experience with the pre-primary classroom has been nothing short of amazing. We are excited about the expansion of the school next year and the addition of a 9 to 12 program.

Posted February 12, 2013
Our son has been at the Xavier Lab School for 2 years and each day we are grateful for the creativity and love that surround him. Both the teachers and the administration have worked tirelessly to implement strategies that have helped him integrate and succeed with some of his learning and social challenges. We know these early years are critical to his development and we couldn't ask for a more supportive community environment!

Posted September 14, 2011
What a great start to a new year. The children are engaged, happy to go to school and telling me about their lessons on the ride home! That speaks volumes to great teaching. The school has sponsored two opportunities so far for parents to get to know the workings of their school and the curriculum. The principal is beginning a "coffee series" which will be parent field trips, with topics such as 'montessori in the home', art from the perspective of the child and natural playscapes. The parents are open, involved, friendly and invested. All in all, the energy is harmonious, serene and a trusted place for me to send my children everyday.

Xavier University Montessori Lab School 1

Posted June 27, 2011
We could not have been more disappointed in the direction of the school this past year. The children are the ones that have suffered the most during the past year.

Posted June 26, 2011
As a parent of Xavier University Montessori Lab School I can not express the gratitude I have for staff of this school. My children not only continue to evolve academically, but also continue to learn inter-discipline and self awareness. I can not imagine my children being in any other school in Cincinnati.

Xavier University Montessori Lab School 4

Posted June 24, 2011
Xavier University Montessori is a unique program in that it is under the XU administrative umbrella, serving both the Department of Montessori Education and a population of outside children and parents. It is a small school, with only two classrooms offering 3-6 and 6-9 curricula. This past year the administration did make some mis-steps in terms of communication with parents regarding recent staff turnover, but since then have made a credible effort in reaching out to the parent community. This is what matters most to me as a parent: the materials are phenomenal; the quality of the teachers and the curriculum is very high; the classroom environment is nurturing; and there is ample opportunity for parent involvement. I have every confidence that this school will continue to be an excellent institution.

Xavier University Montessori Lab School 1

Posted May 18, 2011
As a parent at this school who has trusted the school and paid many years of tuition, I find it pointless to debate the reasons why staff members left. The bottom line is that the teacher turn-over is unacceptably high. The school can bend over backwards to explain each individual departure - but there must be a reason staff are looking for other options. My feeling is that the current (fairly new) administration is not working out. They are dismissive to parents and seem to have more interest in the university level program than the kids.

Xavier University Montessori Lab School
3800 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, OH  45207
Last modified Xavier University Montessori Lab School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Xavier University Montessori Lab School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.