Posted November 24, 2013
I feel so incredibly fortunate that I found this school for my sons. I enrolled my oldest son last year in preschool and knew I had found exactly what I was looking for. The teachers are amazing. They are kind, attentive and really get to know the students well. They also provide the right amount of discipline to keep the classroom functioning with little disruption, which is lacking in public schools today. To watch the young preschoolers stay on task and manage their works is unbelievable. They are provided with a lot of choices and can really develop their skills in their own time frame. The teachers and school maintain great communication with the families. Being a small school, the students really get to know each other well and they care so much about one another. I feel like the close knit community feel of the school really diminishes a number of problems found in large public schools (bullying, children who get lost in the mix or whose needs aren't met, labeling and tracking of students, etc.). We have given up numerous "perks" in life to afford our kids to go here and it's well worth it. If you are considering the school, I would seriously make an appointment to visit.

Posted August 22, 2013
This school is wonderful. They teach that everyone is unique and learns their own way. So no one is labeled as different. They allow children to advance at their ace so that those who are advanced can wok on work appropriate for their abilities.

Posted January 02, 2013
My two children have attended CMA for many years. They love it and we love it. They constantly surprise us with what they know. The knowledge is deep and intuitive -- it's become a part of them. We had no idea what Montessori learning was before CMA but we now know this is at its core. The physical school, the teachers, the staff and all the wonderful families and volunteers make learning an exciting, joyful part of life. We would never consider anywhere else. Regarding the comment below about diet, I wonder if the person that posted that had the correct school. My children are vegetarian and in kindergarten, lower elementary and upper elementary everyone has supported them completely and absolutely, even encouraging them to bring in food to share (e.g., Quorn "turkey" roast at Thanksgiving).

Posted November 08, 2012
I find the 1-star reviewer absolutely un-believable! I have had children at CMA for almost 10 years and NEVER have I heard an unpleasant word from a teacher. (Before CMA, my kids were going to a public school where kids were scolded and derided daily now THAT was unpleasant.) CMA is like a breath of fresh air. Every day, my child is greeted with a hug and a smile, and every afternoon, he is escorted to the car with a wish for a great evening. This school is like a large family, and every child is valued. I have spent time in the classrooms, and the level of engagement by the students is inspiring. THIS is what a Montessori school is supposed to look like. The teachers here get it , and they live it every day. They have created a lovely environment where following the child is possible. The strong organizational skills taught at the upper elementary level help prepare students for the more rigorous demands of Middle School. My son absolutely loves going to school what more could a parent want?

Posted October 12, 2012
Central Montessori Academy truly supports the development of the whole child and has been a good match for both of my very different children! Both of my children have attended CMA since they were infants. My seven year old is very creative, sensitive, and academically advanced. CMA has been able to challenge her academically and the Montessori method provides endless opportunities for her academic growth. She is encouraged to use her creativeness through research projects, presentations, and story writing. She loves her school and teachers! My 3 year old is developing into a very independent learner. He needs lots of movement opportunities during his learning time and the Montessori environment provides lots of freedom for this to happen! He loves making his own work choices, preparing his own snack, singing and dancing with his friends, and of course playing on the beautiful natural playground. His teachers are consistent, loving, and enthusiastic. CMA is a great match for us and the CMA community is an extension of our family!

Central Montessori Academy 3

Posted February 20, 2012
I feel deeply conflicted about reviewing this school. On one hand, the montessori method is amazing, the families are fantastic, there is a nurturing feeling at this institution, and there truly are some passionate master teachers here. On the other hand, some teachers are beyond rigid and there is a fair amount of dysfunction. HOnestly, I feel like the one room classroom model is a fantastic "nest" for 9 and under. At 10 and up, my child was chafing for new experiences, different types of instruction, a larger peer group, and interaction with new teachers. In short, the school worked beautifully for my child until it didn't anymore.

Posted June 21, 2011
Frankly, I am surprised to see the other review regarding issues with dietary needs. My child has food allergies, as do several other children who attend CMA, and the teachers and staff have been extremely accommodating. They have even encouraged us to bring in "backup" snacks in case our child can't have something that is brought in for the class to share. That said, we feel this school is amazing! Our two children have learned so much in the three years that we've been a part of the CMA community. They have learned to *love learning* at CMA, which is something they will keep wth them the rest of their lives. CMA is worth every penny!

Central Montessori Academy 1

Posted April 03, 2011
The teachers are rude and unpleasant. My neice never felt safe or happy there. Addiionally, my neice is vegan and they refused to accomodate her; they told her "if you can't eat this snack, then don't eat". They wouldn't let her bring in her own snacks to accomodate her needs.

Posted April 23, 2010
All three of my kids go to CMA. I didn't know much about Montessori education when we found it, but I am absolutely amazed at the work they do here. My kids are happy, thriving, and enjoying the process of learning. The best way to learn about CMA is to take a tour during a school day, so you can see the kids at work in the classrooms.

Central Montessori Academy 0

Posted February 27, 2008
My family has been at Central Montessori Academy for seven years. Both of my children attend and are so far ahead of traditional students that are their same age. The Montessori philosophy breeds the love of learning and the constant thirst for knowledge. We are very happy here.

Contact Information

1904 Springdale Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45231

School website

Central Montessori Academy
1904 Springdale Rd, Cincinnati, OH  45231
Last modified Central Montessori Academy is a private school that serves grades PK-6
Central Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.