T.C.P. World Academy

Charter | K-6

Living in Cincinnati

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $105,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $630.

Sweep tile

Posted September 23, 2013

TCP is a school of excellent. My son is in first grade and his reading and math skills are very good. He is on a whole different level than friends and family members who are in a higher grade in the Cincinnati public school. He is also very good in French.

Posted July 30, 2011

My son has been at TCP for 5 years and I love it. He's more advanced than his friends in private and public schools. My cousin is a teacher in public schools and said keep him at TCP because if I put him in public school he would have to go to 6th grade. My son is going into the 4th this year with the same teacher he had last year. I can say the last 4 years he's been in small classes with caring, attentive teachers who would call me anytime if they had problems or concerns. The kids there are so polite, honest and respectful. The only thing I would suggest is like all parents do is that she move. That way she could go up to maybe the 8th and have more kids there. But I know she won't move. Another thing I would suggest is after school activities and PTA. I think all schools public an charter should have a PTA. His homework is challenging but not too hard. They go on a lot of field trips. Last year he went to the Children's Theater and had to dress up. Which I thought was great exposure for the kids. If you need a good school TCP is it.

Posted March 11, 2011

This school is not what it use to be 2-3 years ago. It use to be very family oriented and teachers really worked with your kids if they were having problems.I have seen a lot of bullying and student profiling here in the last 2 years.They are good academically but they primarily focus on math and reading. Once winter sets in, your child has no recess time to unwind and release some energy so kids tend to get into more trouble between October and March.They have to eat in a small cafeteria and are expected to sit and be still and they get in trouble in they are talking to loud or running around on their lunch break. What 6,7,8,9 or 10 year old do you know that can keep still like that. There is no nurse on staff, they have no link to any counselor or psychologist that can come in when there may be a need for a student and their is no support for the students. I was very excited about this school but it has changed. Several of their great teachers are leaving because it is becoming dysfunctional and they have no support. I'm removing my son for next school year. I would not recommend this school unless you have a child that is very quiet and can sit still for 8 hours straight.

Posted August 19, 2010

I am so happy to have found this school i was so impressed when i went on the tour of the school the students in kindergarten seem to know a lot more than where my son was coming from i'm just sad i couldn't get all my kid in there their on the waiting list right now.

Posted May 18, 2010

I love TCP because my granddaughter is learning so much, she is well beyond other kids her age that attend Cincinnati Public Schools....great teachers!!!! She loves to learn and TCP gives her the oppurtunity to learn

Posted December 16, 2009

My children came from a Montessori school that I was not very happy with. Now they are learning so much more and are very happy in school since attending TCP. The staff are compassionate, caring, professional, and do not consider your child to be just a number like in the public school system. I can't say enough about this school, and it's such a comfort to know that my children are happy and learning well above what their peers are. I wish all schools were like this, because all children deserve to be treated like the gems that they are. Mrs. French is above the norm when it comes to Principals, and when the children are excited and happy to see and greet her, and vice versa, it says it all. Thank you T.C.P., for all that you do!

Posted August 13, 2009

My daughter is in her second year of preschool here (turns 5 next year). I am a very picky parent and yet I'm very impressed with the staff's knowledge, their ability to keep the kids on track, and the nurturing environment they have created for these very precious young minds. I have watched my 4 year old flourish here. She can read, do simple math, and she is even learning social studies. She is also picking up vital social skills as well. Thank you, T.C.P.

Posted May 29, 2008

I have already sang the praises of this wonderful school.It has been a place of extended family for my child the education that she recieved here has been unmatched my nieces and my childrens peers attend cincinnati public and are diong studies this year that my child was doing 2 years ago.I am very proud that they have since been named a school of excellance it is a credit to the devotion,committment and love that the STAFF have for their work the passion although not alwayspraised to thier face is well appreciated i dont look forward to the time to come when my daughters move to middle school.

Posted May 7, 2008

My daughter was failing horribly in Cincy Public schools. All that changed when I sent her to TCP in the 3rd grade. She went from C, D, and F's to making the A/B Honor Roll 3 times this year in the 6th grade. I wish I'd found this wonderful place while she was a pre-schooler-she and I would have not struggled like we did. Bless you, TcP and Mrs. French. My child will graduate in 3 weeks from TCP's 6th grade, and I won't ever find another school like this for her. I am saddened that she has to move on, but so very proud of her accomplishments at TCP. Cara Jackson

Posted February 27, 2008

My daughter has atteneded TCP World Academy since Preschool. She has learned soo much. She has learned far more than what students her age are learning in public school. She is in the first grade now, she can do division, multiplication, read stories and point out the main ideas. I am very impressed. The teachers are involved and contact me as soon as there are problems. I love this school

Posted October 17, 2007

I am soo grateful for this school, my child is enrolled in kindergarten and is learning to read, addition and subtraction! I sent her to our neighborhood Montessori school and I was infuriated that the only thing she was learning were bad habits. My child was not being challenged at all the teacher was too busy diciplining the children to teach..I pulled her out after 4weeks of no communication with the staff and enrolled her at TCP World Academy and I have not regretted it! She is thriving they hold the children and the parents accountable for the work that is due! Bravo! we love it!

Posted September 28, 2007

My son is in his third year at T.C.P. Staff knows him by name. That'n not even the part that impressed me. When he started having a issue in any subject area the staff always would notify me stat! They do this because they care and love where they work. My daughter attends private and has for 9 years. I wish T.C.P. was founded before I made that decision. She is now too old to attend there. Why pay for what you can get for FREE!

Posted February 16, 2006

This school has been a stepping stone on my son education. It takes a village to raise a child and the involment of all staff it is very noticable; academics and discipline are transforming my child into an overall control and concious student. Today my son wants to go school, his nightmares are gone. The teachers attitude and desire to be there are truthfull and caring. The Principal's love for the education of our kids is a blessing. TCP it is helping my son a great deal, because they really care for his needs and his future. We are glad we found a school that have open arms to the need of our community. I thank everybody for the job that you do.

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 81% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Ohio used the Ohio Achievement Assessment (OAA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The OAA is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Ohio. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 74% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 68% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students91%
Male81%
Black, non-Hispanic90%
Economically disadvantaged89%
Disabled70%
Non-disabled95%

Disabled90%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Ohio Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students90%

Black, non-Hispanic78%
Economically disadvantaged74%
Non-disabled84%

Source: Ohio Department of Education

In 2010-2011, this school received an Overall Rating of "Met Expected Growth".

Grade 4BelowMet
Grade 5MetMet
Grade 6MetMet

In 2010-2011, the Ohio Department of Education used the Value-Added Measure to show how much growth students made on the Ohio Achievement Test since the last school year. The state expects that student test scores will show an average year's worth of growth compared to test scores from the previous year. Ohio's Value-Added Measure is not the same as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), a federal measure which uses different criteria.

104 (2011)

103 (2010)

105 (2009)

97 (2008)

120

Ohio uses the Performance Index to provide an overall indication of how well students perform on its standardized tests each year. The Performance Index scores are based upon how well each student does on all tested subjects in grades 3 through 8 and 10. Schools and districts earn anywhere from 1.2 points for each student scoring at the advanced level to zero points for each untested student. The Performance Index ranges between 0 and 120, with 100 as the statewide goal for all students.

Source: Ohio Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

Test score rating examines how students at this school performed on standardized tests compared with other schools in Ohio. Test scores are based on 2012-13 OAA/OGT results from the state of Ohio.

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Below Average

Reading growth at this school

Above average

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 OAA/OGT results from the state of Ohio.

2 This rating is based on 2012-13 value-added estimates from the state of Ohio.

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

• Karen Y. French
Fax number
  • (513) 531-2406

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6000 Ridge Ave