Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

Would be better if the Principal had better standards and more consequences for bad behavior. Also if the school had Phys Ed, Music and Art classes.

Perhaps I was a little harsh with my first review. The Principal actually really cares a lot about the children. There just needs to be more. More discipline for bad behavior, and more structure. More classes to help the children be more well rounded such as Physical Education, Art and Music.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Again, the teachers could be much more effective if the Principal had better policies about bad behaving students disrupting the school day.

Amount of homework: Neutral

I believe that they have a weak approach towards homework. Plus, the teachers are so busy addressing issues with the bad behaving children, the good students don't get enough attention and teaching.

The school requires each kindergartner to prepare to take the 1st grader's test and do well. My older children rarely received homework while in kindergarten. My youngest daughter receives homework every day while attending Kindergarten at TCP World Academy. We work as a family to try to keep up with the curriculum. To my surprise, the children are able to meet the school's high standards. The question is can the parents maintain the pace with the child. I recommend the TCP World Academy to anyone wanting a good education for their child.

My daughter has been here since Kindergarten and is going into the 4th grade for the 2014/2015 school year. I have definitely noticed that she is more advanced than other kids her age, and also kids in higher grade levels than she is in. The academics of this school far exceed great. However, it doesn't change for me that I don't feel the parents have any voice. The location is inconvenient, the class sizes are large, no sports/extracurricular activities, somewhat outrageously-sized homework packets, and not all staff are exactly "professional." Do wish the school went to the 8th grade, I am very uncomfortable with mixing 7th/8th graders with High-schoolers. Lastly, if you ever intend on being able to see your child perform during a Christmas show, arrive at least 2 hours early. The seating is absolutely ridiculous. They have had years to figure out a better way of doing this, but never have enough room to accomodate even half of the people that show up :-(

TCP is a school of excellent. My son is in first grade and his reading and math skills are very good. He is on a whole different level than friends and family members who are in a higher grade in the Cincinnati public school. He is also very good in French.

My son has been at TCP for 5 years and I love it. He's more advanced than his friends in private and public schools. My cousin is a teacher in public schools and said keep him at TCP because if I put him in public school he would have to go to 6th grade. My son is going into the 4th this year with the same teacher he had last year. I can say the last 4 years he's been in small classes with caring, attentive teachers who would call me anytime if they had problems or concerns. The kids there are so polite, honest and respectful. The only thing I would suggest is like all parents do is that she move. That way she could go up to maybe the 8th and have more kids there. But I know she won't move. Another thing I would suggest is after school activities and PTA. I think all schools public an charter should have a PTA. His homework is challenging but not too hard. They go on a lot of field trips. Last year he went to the Children's Theater and had to dress up. Which I thought was great exposure for the kids. If you need a good school TCP is it.

This school is not what it use to be 2-3 years ago. It use to be very family oriented and teachers really worked with your kids if they were having problems.I have seen a lot of bullying and student profiling here in the last 2 years.They are good academically but they primarily focus on math and reading. Once winter sets in, your child has no recess time to unwind and release some energy so kids tend to get into more trouble between October and March.They have to eat in a small cafeteria and are expected to sit and be still and they get in trouble in they are talking to loud or running around on their lunch break. What 6,7,8,9 or 10 year old do you know that can keep still like that. There is no nurse on staff, they have no link to any counselor or psychologist that can come in when there may be a need for a student and their is no support for the students. I was very excited about this school but it has changed. Several of their great teachers are leaving because it is becoming dysfunctional and they have no support. I'm removing my son for next school year. I would not recommend this school unless you have a child that is very quiet and can sit still for 8 hours straight.

I am so happy to have found this school i was so impressed when i went on the tour of the school the students in kindergarten seem to know a lot more than where my son was coming from i'm just sad i couldn't get all my kid in there their on the waiting list right now.

Last modified T.C.P. World Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.