T.C.P. World Academy 4

Posted June 30, 2014
My daughter has been here since Kindergarten and is going into the 4th grade for the 2014/2015 school year. I have definitely noticed that she is more advanced than other kids her age, and also kids in higher grade levels than she is in. The academics of this school far exceed great. However, it doesn't change for me that I don't feel the parents have any voice. The location is inconvenient, the class sizes are large, no sports/extracurricular activities, somewhat outrageously-sized homework packets, and not all staff are exactly "professional." Do wish the school went to the 8th grade, I am very uncomfortable with mixing 7th/8th graders with High-schoolers. Lastly, if you ever intend on being able to see your child perform during a Christmas show, arrive at least 2 hours early. The seating is absolutely ridiculous. They have had years to figure out a better way of doing this, but never have enough room to accomodate even half of the people that show up :-(

Posted September 23, 2013
TCP is a school of excellent. My son is in first grade and his reading and math skills are very good. He is on a whole different level than friends and family members who are in a higher grade in the Cincinnati public school. He is also very good in French.

Posted July 30, 2011
My son has been at TCP for 5 years and I love it. He's more advanced than his friends in private and public schools. My cousin is a teacher in public schools and said keep him at TCP because if I put him in public school he would have to go to 6th grade. My son is going into the 4th this year with the same teacher he had last year. I can say the last 4 years he's been in small classes with caring, attentive teachers who would call me anytime if they had problems or concerns. The kids there are so polite, honest and respectful. The only thing I would suggest is like all parents do is that she move. That way she could go up to maybe the 8th and have more kids there. But I know she won't move. Another thing I would suggest is after school activities and PTA. I think all schools public an charter should have a PTA. His homework is challenging but not too hard. They go on a lot of field trips. Last year he went to the Children's Theater and had to dress up. Which I thought was great exposure for the kids. If you need a good school TCP is it.

T.C.P. World Academy 2

Posted March 11, 2011
This school is not what it use to be 2-3 years ago. It use to be very family oriented and teachers really worked with your kids if they were having problems.I have seen a lot of bullying and student profiling here in the last 2 years.They are good academically but they primarily focus on math and reading. Once winter sets in, your child has no recess time to unwind and release some energy so kids tend to get into more trouble between October and March.They have to eat in a small cafeteria and are expected to sit and be still and they get in trouble in they are talking to loud or running around on their lunch break. What 6,7,8,9 or 10 year old do you know that can keep still like that. There is no nurse on staff, they have no link to any counselor or psychologist that can come in when there may be a need for a student and their is no support for the students. I was very excited about this school but it has changed. Several of their great teachers are leaving because it is becoming dysfunctional and they have no support. I'm removing my son for next school year. I would not recommend this school unless you have a child that is very quiet and can sit still for 8 hours straight.

Posted August 19, 2010
I am so happy to have found this school i was so impressed when i went on the tour of the school the students in kindergarten seem to know a lot more than where my son was coming from i'm just sad i couldn't get all my kid in there their on the waiting list right now.

T.C.P. World Academy 0

Posted May 18, 2010
I love TCP because my granddaughter is learning so much, she is well beyond other kids her age that attend Cincinnati Public Schools....great teachers!!!! She loves to learn and TCP gives her the oppurtunity to learn

Posted December 16, 2009
My children came from a Montessori school that I was not very happy with. Now they are learning so much more and are very happy in school since attending TCP. The staff are compassionate, caring, professional, and do not consider your child to be just a number like in the public school system. I can't say enough about this school, and it's such a comfort to know that my children are happy and learning well above what their peers are. I wish all schools were like this, because all children deserve to be treated like the gems that they are. Mrs. French is above the norm when it comes to Principals, and when the children are excited and happy to see and greet her, and vice versa, it says it all. Thank you T.C.P., for all that you do!

Posted August 13, 2009
My daughter is in her second year of preschool here (turns 5 next year). I am a very picky parent and yet I'm very impressed with the staff's knowledge, their ability to keep the kids on track, and the nurturing environment they have created for these very precious young minds. I have watched my 4 year old flourish here. She can read, do simple math, and she is even learning social studies. She is also picking up vital social skills as well. Thank you, T.C.P.

Posted May 29, 2008
I have already sang the praises of this wonderful school.It has been a place of extended family for my child the education that she recieved here has been unmatched my nieces and my childrens peers attend cincinnati public and are diong studies this year that my child was doing 2 years ago.I am very proud that they have since been named a school of excellance it is a credit to the devotion,committment and love that the STAFF have for their work the passion although not alwayspraised to thier face is well appreciated i dont look forward to the time to come when my daughters move to middle school.

Posted May 07, 2008
My daughter was failing horribly in Cincy Public schools. All that changed when I sent her to TCP in the 3rd grade. She went from C, D, and F's to making the A/B Honor Roll 3 times this year in the 6th grade. I wish I'd found this wonderful place while she was a pre-schooler-she and I would have not struggled like we did. Bless you, TcP and Mrs. French. My child will graduate in 3 weeks from TCP's 6th grade, and I won't ever find another school like this for her. I am saddened that she has to move on, but so very proud of her accomplishments at TCP. Cara Jackson

T.C.P. World Academy
6000 Ridge Ave, Cincinnati, OH  45213
Last modified T.C.P. World Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
T.C.P. World Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.