Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted January 29, 2016
my kids have been going to this school for years. my oldest graduated from this school and is now a sophomore in high school taking all honors classes. I have two children who attend hcmsa now. the principals are great and know the students and parents by name. they genuenly act like they are there for the better of the children. they still ask about my oldest to see how she is doing. they do disapline and yell at the children when it is necessary, lets face it times like today disrespectful children need it. my kids love this school and so do I wouldn't think of sending my kids elseware

Posted November 12, 2015
My child is in the 2nd grade and has gone to this school since kindergarten. This school is very big on academics, and my child is learning at the rate of a 4th grader. She scores high on all tests and state testing and loves all of her teachers. Whenever I have had a problem, the teachers or principal have always been prompt at returning my call and getting the issue fixed. My child has to see a therapist and they let the therapist come to the school during recess and see her with no problem. Yes they are big on discipline and they tell you this at kindergarten orientation, but they do not cross the line. Kids these days need this as we see so many unruly children. I disagree with the comments below from said parent as I have not had any issues with them. They will work with you if your child has behavioral issues, but only so far, if it isn't getting better they have the right to suspend you child, any school does. I recommend this school to all my fellow parents and everyone that has sent their child loves it as well. They rate higher then any public school around them.

Hamilton Cnty Math & Science 1

Posted October 13, 2015
If your child has any learning issues or behavior problems this school is not for them. They offer no proactive approaches to helping these children. If a behavior of any kind bothers them then the child is automatically suspended. They do not have in school detention or any other form of discipline. Also the principals do not return phone calls when you leave them messages and are very unprofessional. Also they only teach the children what they need to know to score well on the standardized tests. My child will not be returning back to this school. Nor will I refer anyone to this school if they care about their childs education and self esteem.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted October 13, 2015
My child is in the 7th grade and is not taking Social Studies. It appears they only teach the kids what they need to know to score well on the standardized tests to keep their ratings up. This will not be helpful to the children once they get to a high school social studies class.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 13, 2015
This school does not show empathy to children with learning disabilities or behaviors. They offer no teaching alternatives for these kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 13, 2015
There have been several incidents where my child was suspended and when I requested to see video footage showing my child commiting the alleged act the assistant principle wouldn't let me see it. The assistant principle also suspended my 8yr old from school for making a rude comment. The comment wasn't vulgar, sexual, cursing, or threatening.

Hamilton Cnty Math & Science 3

Posted November 10, 2014
At first I thought this school's high academic standards was great for my child. Going into his 3rd year I discovered that things that I had overlooked, such as yelling for discipline, lack of professionalism and etiquette had become huge problems. There is also a high turnover rate for teachers, many of them are inexperienced and it shows. I do not recommend this school.

Hamilton Cnty Math & Science 1

Posted October 28, 2014
I thought this school would be a better alternative to Mt. Healthy public schools, but I was wrong. My son attended for 2 days. On the second day, he was in aftercare and went out the wrong door by mistake when he was sent outside to play with the other kids (mind you he was 5, and the second day of school). Once he was outside he realized he went out the wrong door, but the door had locked behind him. He was out there by himself for an hour, crying before anyone knew he was missing. My mom showed up to get him, and they couldn't find him. Luckily he wasn't hurt physically, but he had nightmares for weeks. I tried to have a meeting with the principal about how to avoid it happening again, and to make sure my son was always accounted for. She ignored my request, but sent her husband. In the meeting they blamed my son and took no reresponsibility whatsoever. The aftercare teacher laughed and called him a crybaby. The principals husband (the director) became aggressive and began yelling and banging his hands on the table when I didn't agree with him. They told me how 4 other children had been misplaced on buses

Hamilton Cnty Math & Science 4

Posted September 17, 2014
This is now my son's second Year here. He is now a 1st grader. I like the school a lot. One thing about the school is that i would like to be involved in my son's school. They dont allow you in to the school that much. I Understand its for security perposes or even the fact that they think it may be a distraction to the classrooms. I've only had the chance to meet my son's teacher one time and that was the 1st day of school. They've had one open house and i was given wrong dates on the paper that was sent home. i would like to see more teacher and parent communication. I hope that this improves. Other wise i think its a wonderful school.

Posted April 30, 2014
Wow where do I start.....as a partner of a kindergarten through eight grade my son was highly educated from the teachers to the principal whom took his education too the next level from vigorous curriculums to also learning the important of being educated in life. Thanks again for all your learning experiences of educational

2675 Civic Center Dr, Cincinnati, OH  45231
Last modified Hamilton Cnty Math & Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.