Posted September 22, 2014
I feel so blessed that my children attend this wonderful school. They love to learn, love exploring the beautiful campus and love their teachers. I only wish I had know about this school when my oldest child was starting preschool! (On the plus side, at least they can all stay here through 8th grade.) This school sees each of my 3 very different children as an individual and allows them to learn at their own pace -- such a joy for me as a Mom! And I know it's a small thing, but I love that the Principal greets the students with a handshake and friendly smile each morning as they enter school. What a great way to start the day!

Posted November 16, 2013
While most little children love going to school, ours is unique in that the students keep their love of learning through the upper grades. Montessori education fosters this connection by involving the whole child, body and mind. GSCM goes further by restoring Montessori philosophy to its true Catholic context, creating a place of peace and beauty where a child can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Posted February 28, 2013
We have two children attending the Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori and we couldn't be happier with our experience. The teachers are passionate about the Montessori philosophy. My children are receiving an education that is highly individualized and academically rigorous. The Montessori philosophy combined with the faith-based education truly serves the whole child. The principal is approachable and visible. He meets students (& parents) at the door each morning with a handshake and greets them by name. Parents are highly involved with every aspect of the school. We love being part of The Good Shepherd community.

Posted January 12, 2013
Outstanding quality of education for the price. Recommended to all families looking whose goal is to have their children love to learn, become independent and life-long learn ears in a noncompetitive environment. One of the best Montessori programs in Cincinnati. The school is small, and the building is simple, but at this school it is not about what is on the outside, but what's on the inside that counts. Because classes are not given traditional a-f grades, there is less pressure on kids, higher academic self esteem (where the focus is on reaching your own potential, not a universal standard,) and more intrinsic motivation. Multiple-age classroom also allow greater flexibility for kids working at their own pace while fostering a better social environment where friendships are not based on an age group. Also, we are not Catholic, but have felt very welcome and included. The peaceful, Godly environment has been a great benefit for our children. A very loving environment and excellent price. The principal is highly visible and involved with students, and greets every child with a handshake each morning. Better than most school where the principal stays in her office all day.

Posted October 04, 2012
I encourage all parents who are looking for a superb, well rounded education for their children to come visit GSCM. My children are in the preprimary program and we have seen tremendous, positive changes in them as a whole. They are guided to be gentle and loving while being exposed to wonderful educational material. The parent involvement is refreshing and has a community feel that I have not experienced at any other school. We are committed to Montessori and Catholic education and can't wait to see how the next 8-10 years impacts our children for the better!

Posted June 16, 2012
Good Shepherd Montessori is a superb school! Next year will be my child's sixth year and we couldn't be more pleased. Offering a combination of Montessori and the catechesis of the Good Shepherd makes for an independent, thoughtful and compassionate person. I'm so happy with the person my child is becoming and feel compelled to give much of the credit to this school.

Posted March 22, 2011
Excellent Montessori school! Focuses on faith-based education, but even an atheist can find loads of meaning here. :) Teachers are top-notch, caring for the whole child. Respect is number one here, given by the teachers and administration as well as expected and taught to the children. They understand that kids are on their own time frame and teach by "following the child" - brilliant! I love this school and so do my three kids.

Posted December 08, 2009
This school is definitely heads and tails above what you would get at most other schools. The teachers and administrators take care to pay personal attention to all the students. There is, however, a heavy hand and formal indoctrination to the Catholic religion. So, if that is ok with you, this is a great place to be!

Posted March 03, 2007

Posted November 06, 2004
Absolutely wonderful school, superior teachers & principal, supportive parents & beautiful new location. Academic excellence with strong character development!

The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori
4460 Berwick Street, Cincinnati, OH  45227
Last modified The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.