PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

My son, a graduate of The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori, is getting all A's in his high school religion class. He says he doesn't even need to study for the quizzes and credits the Atrium - religion class -at GSCM for his success. Maybe Mom and Dad could take a little credit, too!
November 28, 2015

Bad
Good

Develops empathy: no rating

- a school leader
From the head of the school to every teacher and student, there is a genuine concern for each others well being. Prayer is an integral part of our school.

Develops honesty: no rating

- a school leader
We have a Virtues program. Older students lead the younger ones in developing Christian virtues.

Grateful to: no rating

- a school leader
My 11 year old daughter remarked recently about how comfortable she felt in talking to Mr. Teller, the founder of our school, who is her religion teacher. She said that he is a father figure to her and that makes sense because she has seen him just about every school day for 12 years starting when we dropped her older brother off for school. Mr. Teller would greet every child by name as he shook hands with them. A lovely start to a wonderful day at The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori.

Posted January 31, 2015
My son only had the privilege of attending this school for one year before my husband's company relocated us. To this day my son considers this one year the best of all his years of school, including international schools. The grade 4-6 teachers (who are still there) are kind, patient, encouraging, and inspiring. This school is most definitely a true gem.

Posted December 05, 2014
This school is wonderful. When I see the way my children are being taught here and the breadth of knowledge and experience they are receiving, I am amazed. Even in 2nd and 3rd grade, they are learning things I didn't know about until 5th or 6th grade! The multi-age classrooms have also given them the chance to act as leaders toward the younger students and they love that role. They also have a deep understanding of Faith that I never got from traditional religion class. I never knew kids could work so hard and love it at the same time.

Posted September 22, 2014
I feel so blessed that my children attend this wonderful school. They love to learn, love exploring the beautiful campus and love their teachers. I only wish I had know about this school when my oldest child was starting preschool! (On the plus side, at least they can all stay here through 8th grade.) This school sees each of my 3 very different children as an individual and allows them to learn at their own pace -- such a joy for me as a Mom! And I know it's a small thing, but I love that the Principal greets the students with a handshake and friendly smile each morning as they enter school. What a great way to start the day!

Posted November 16, 2013
While most little children love going to school, ours is unique in that the students keep their love of learning through the upper grades. Montessori education fosters this connection by involving the whole child, body and mind. GSCM goes further by restoring Montessori philosophy to its true Catholic context, creating a place of peace and beauty where a child can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Posted February 28, 2013
We have two children attending the Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori and we couldn't be happier with our experience. The teachers are passionate about the Montessori philosophy. My children are receiving an education that is highly individualized and academically rigorous. The Montessori philosophy combined with the faith-based education truly serves the whole child. The principal is approachable and visible. He meets students (& parents) at the door each morning with a handshake and greets them by name. Parents are highly involved with every aspect of the school. We love being part of The Good Shepherd community.

Posted January 12, 2013
Outstanding quality of education for the price. Recommended to all families looking whose goal is to have their children love to learn, become independent and life-long learn ears in a noncompetitive environment. One of the best Montessori programs in Cincinnati. The school is small, and the building is simple, but at this school it is not about what is on the outside, but what's on the inside that counts. Because classes are not given traditional a-f grades, there is less pressure on kids, higher academic self esteem (where the focus is on reaching your own potential, not a universal standard,) and more intrinsic motivation. Multiple-age classroom also allow greater flexibility for kids working at their own pace while fostering a better social environment where friendships are not based on an age group. Also, we are not Catholic, but have felt very welcome and included. The peaceful, Godly environment has been a great benefit for our children. A very loving environment and excellent price. The principal is highly visible and involved with students, and greets every child with a handshake each morning. Better than most school where the principal stays in her office all day.

4460 Berwick Street, Cincinnati, OH  45227
Last modified The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top