Cincinnati, OH
Students enrolled: 1,048
Before care: Yes

Posted November 03, 2014
We have been at 7Hills 2 years now, with boys in middle and upper schools. Being new to Cincinnati, we knew nothing of 7HiIlls reputation, but chose it based on general research and personal impression when visiting. I'm pleased to say it was everything I hoped it would be. Finding a diverse, academically oriented private school, that is also non-denominational, cares about instilling a love of learning - not just grades, promotes a community of respectful kids, and has a welcoming parent base; is a tall order. As anyone who s done it knows, transferring schools to make all new friends when you are a teenager is no fun. 7Hills kids are wonderful. The school really works with you too to help wherever you need it too. In the Upper School, the personal attention paid to each kid s strengths, and how that plays into college is a big draw for us. Both kids love all their teachers and are anxious to do well since the teachers inspire them.

Posted October 24, 2014
I love the family like atmosphere. My children learn so much and their teachers all know them well and care about them. They love going to school each day!

Posted October 24, 2014
Seven Hills is a warm, inviting school that allows for every kid to become their best selves. The teachers encourage independent thinking, yet actively require group projects and skill building. They are genuinely interested in our children's academic success and willing to work with us when they struggle. The administration is very present and engaged in all aspects of the school. All three of our kids are happy here which says a great deal because they have very distinct and varied personalities.

Posted October 22, 2014
Seven Hills has given my children the best education available....Anywhere! Not only have they learned the subject matter(which is beyond what is available in many schools) they have learned to think. They have learned who they are, what their strengths are and also where they are weak. Without exception, there is nothing but praise from me for this fine institution. Teachers have always been outstanding with their best quality always being that they knew my children. Each has become totally in charge of their education. As my oldest left for college I kept telling her how fortunate she was to have gone to Seven Hills. For the first two years she would roll her eyes at my statements. By her junior year in college, she agreed! If that is not proof of the pudding, I do not know what is!

Posted September 29, 2014
My child is thriving in his second year of pre-kindergarten at Seven Hills. This is a discovery-based education that empowers the children to inquire, collaborate and solve problems. Unlike many other early education programs, Seven Hills is not focused on classroom management or tedious academic tasks, but on each child's learning and development that emphasize the PROCESS of learning. The teachers are so dedicated and accessible to the parents. We looked at the top rated private schools in Cincinnati and hands down, we felt welcomed, informed and part of the community from our first visit to the school and we could not be happier with our choice to send our son to Doherty for his early childhood education.

Posted September 26, 2014
As we start our 12th year at The Seven Hills School, I look back at how our son has grown. Through grade school at Lotspeich, he learned by doing. It isn't an environment that has a child sit in a chair and listen. It's hands on learning all the way. Middle School is tough everywhere. Over the three years in Middle School, we saw a boy who was unsure of himself, bloom into and engaging, self assured kid, who was not afraid to try new things and see the world differently. Now we are in search of a college and I see a young man who knows what he needs to achieve his goals in life. He has been challenged, became a leader, enjoyed both the arts and athletics. Has the academic ability to go to a great school and isn't afraid to spread his wings and fly further away than his mother would like. I thank Seven Hills for providing the skills and experience to help our son become the best person he can be.

The Seven Hills School 1

Posted April 11, 2013
this school is horrible the teachers give you no help and act as if you are stupid. when they do assist you they repeat the same directions and explanations.

Posted November 15, 2010
This is the school in Cincy for the academic stars. Forget the country club schools...if your kid is smart and you want them to get everything out of that brain they can---send them to Seven Hills.
2 people found this helpful

The Seven Hills School 4

Posted September 28, 2010
We are very happy that we selected Seven Hills for our children. The curriculum is great, giving the children access to a broad spectrum of academics, life applications and the facilitation of glodbal education. Children are valued here. Leadership is knowledgeable about what it takes to catapult our children into the next century and they move with the changing environment. Graduates are very well prepared for the collegiate experience. The teaching staff are awesome. I would like, though, to see an increase in the African American population.

Posted September 23, 2010
We have 3 children who entered 7Hills in the middle of elementary school and have grown as people and students through their experience with teachers who took great pains to understand them and help them to grow in confidence and ability. Our most academic student is thriving in middle school where the opportunities to try new things, i.e. debate, newspaper writing abound, and our high schoolers are challenged, but supported as needed by faculty and administration who definitely approach each day with a passion for working with active learners. There are students with a wide range of abilities and this is a place for all of them! P.S. In the past year, the school has hired a new head of school and head of the middle school who have brought a lot of vision and made needed changes to make this an even better place to send your kids.

The Seven Hills School
5400 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH  45227
Last modified The Seven Hills School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Seven Hills School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top