Bad
Good

This school is awful. Overcrowded and lacks extracurricular activities. They are also building a drug clinic right next door to the middle school. The district is headed in the wrong direction. Many of the parents living in Deer Park, have never left Deer Park, so naturally they have nothing to compare the school to, and will give high ratings. Small town, very few people are college educated, and teachers typically favor some of the students because they know the parent personally.

Outstanding! My little one has learned so much. I want to thank the staff for four years of outstanding devotion to my child.

I disagree with this sites rating on this school. This school will never be on the same level as Madeira, Indian Hill, or Sycamore. This district does not have the money to provide the type of teachers or programs theses other schools can. I am speaking from personal experience. this district so far is a big disappointment

the teachers are ok not great the principle is terrible! I have a child with learning disabilities and I have to argue with the staff to have them go the extra mile to help her. I also do not like that there is not one Black, Hispanic, or Asian teacher in the whole district where is the ethnicity?

I am so Happy to have my child in Deer Park Schools. We switched school district half way though the year and the staff and teachers were AMAZING. The children and parents were so nice and helpful! My family and I felt welcome into an amazing caring community!

My child will never go to this school. I recently went to the parent's kindergarten night and was not impressed. It's obvious that the failing school levy has drastically effected this school. They only offer 1/2 day kindergarten and this year the student-teacher ratio is 39-1. The principal and nurse commute to Holmes and Amity elementary.

I have felt welcomed, supported, challenged and needed. As a parent it's important to feel we're in this together, all of us working towards a common goal; the success of my child. I would encourage the parents to be involved at whatever level possible. It truly is a partnership. I am constantly impressed by the individual support they have received in this district. Excellent leadership, teachers/staff and communication. Thank you!

My oldest child is in Kindergarten at Holmes and we moved here specifically for the 'Excellent' school ratings in Deer Park. I may be new to this but I am very involved and have a great amount of trust in the principle and the teachers at Holmes. They strive to bring out the best in their students and each other. I was shocked to see the amount of schoolwork my child would bring home from in class and for homework, at first I didn't believe it was possible! I was so wrong! My child has learned more in her first year of school than any of us could begin to imagine! I have many thanks to give to everyone at Holmes for going above and beyond achieving excellence! There is always room for improvement but the parents need to be more involved if they want change.

Great schools, with great teachers

Last modified Holmes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3