Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My children have gone through K-5 at Boulevard. We couldn't be happier. The staff is wonderful. The teachers my children had have all been great. They take a team approach to teaching so there is a lot of collaboration between the teachers of the same grade; I loved this approach. We will be sad to leave am grateful for the years we had there. The school is really more than a test score!

Both of our children have thrived at Boulevard. The staff is top-notch and works hard to provide individualized instruction to each student.

We loved Boulevard. It was truly family. Even after we moved and my daughter went to a different elementary school in the district, she insisted on still walking in the Homecoming parade with Boulevard. They have a serious no tolerance policy for bullying. The staff and teachers and kind yet firm. Boulevard is the epitome of what a school should be like. Family and school working hand in hand to help the child. We went through a rough patch and instead of making us feel bad, they stepped up and sent a basket full of toys home with a grocery store gift card tucked inside. When I worked 3pm-330am and my child started being repeatedly late (I would fall asleep at 5am and not wake back up in time) instead of calling the truancy office, they called me. I apologized and exolained my situation. Counselor sent home 2 alarm clocks. 1 for me and 1 for my daughter. My daughter had to wake me up if I wasn't up in time to get her to school, and it worked. (I had an alarm on my phone but would hit it in my sleep and not wake up) Everything is about helping the kid to be successful. Working with the family, not against. They had ESSP a pullout class for gifted students, which my oldest daughter loved. The teacher gave them all her email before she retired and they kept in touch. My kids learned so much, and were prepared for middle and upper level high school courses. My oldest only needs 1 class senior year to graduate so she will take mostly college courses. All thanks to the start she got at Boulevard Boulevard is simply amazing and I truly miss it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are held to a high standard of honesty and held accountable when they are less than honest

My child has been at Boulevard since he was in Kindergarten. He will move onto middle school next year and I will miss this school! The teachers and principal, Shelley Pulling, care deeply for these students. I am so thankful to have this as our community school. My child has received a great education with a very diverse group of peers and I could not ask for a better experience than the enrichment we received at Boulevard. It is very hard to see what goes on in a school by looking at the overall test scores that are reported.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I can't say enough about the great staff. They have a deep level of caring for their students.

Amount of homework: Agree

I am a parent that doesn't strongly support homework, but the workload has been very manageable compared to what I have heard from other schools.

We are pleased as can be with our decision to send our son (age 7) to his local school, and so glad we were not swayed by the (meaningless) state report card rating or the opinions of people who've never set foot in our school. It is a safe, nurturing place where great learning happens. Our son's teachers, three years in a row, have been exemplary, and he is performing above grade level in all areas. Our school has lots of economic diversity and any children who come to school with few resources. Our teachers meet them where they are and have amazing "value added" growth results with all kids, regardless of their results on grade level tests. Poverty is an unfair foe in the battle for homogenous student achievement. And at any rate who wants all kids to be the same? I want them to be happy and kind and at Boulevard they are. Friendly, sweet kids, no bullying, a sense of community, a fantastic and energetic principal. And right by my home! Local schools all the way! Best value going.

I just left the school from doing a 'pop-up' visit today. The issue I had was addressed promptly and professionally by the principal Mr. Swoope and the staff. I think in these times, a parent that is not involved with the daily activites of their kids while in school, should be ashamed of themselves. There is no job nor amount of money, that is more important than knowing what is going on with your kid. I do however agree that there are some teachers in the building that are very unfriendly and uninviting. They need to know, just becaue my kid may not be in your class, I still observe how you talk to the other kids....and on several occasions, that just wasn't cool. But overall, Im happy.

My childrenwent there and it is trying to do well in our neighborhood in these hard times

Last modified Boulevard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.