Canterbury Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2014
A number of significant improvements have been put in place at this school in the last several years. For example, the school has now adopted the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, which includes language instruction (Spanish) at all levels, starting with K. The math and reading programs are very strong. There is a variety of high-quality after-school enrichment activities. In addition, the school instituted a zero-tolerance anti-bullying policy in the last several years that has markedly improved this issue. Our child has attended Canterbury Elementary for the past two school years (K and 1st), has received an excellent education, and enjoys being in school.

Canterbury Elementary School 2

Posted February 27, 2011
The staff is great in class, however they can't seem to get the bulling under control. Teachers are not required by contract to watch the students between school and bus time. The result is a lot of fights and verbal bullying on the playground and befor and afterschool. I have been dealing with this for three years (since kind.)

Canterbury Elementary School 5

Posted January 26, 2009

Canterbury Elementary School 5

Posted January 15, 2009
I am very happy with Canterbury. My children are in Kind. and 2nd, and are both excelling here. Very caring teachers, and very active parents.

Canterbury Elementary School 0

Posted May 10, 2008
Canterbury is a very caring school environment. The PTA does a lot of activities to provide funds for field trips, playground equipment and after school activities. My son seems to know all the teachers and kids from kindergarten through the third grade. My son is in the 2nd grade. He is a special needs student and his kindergarten and 1st grade teacher still comment to me on how he's progressing in the school. Although I don't care that much for his current teacher, I'm looking forward to his teacher in 3rd grade. Overall, is a caring and nuturing environment

Canterbury Elementary School 4

Posted March 18, 2007
This is a great school and I would highly recommend it to anyone moving into the area. The principal and teachers are professional, passionate, caring and really interested in the well-being of the students both academically and other wise. What I like about it is that it is a small enough school where everybody seems to know each other.Caterbury has a diverse student population. The educators do tolerate bullying so I have heard very little about any bullying at school. I am new to the public school system but I cannot be happier with the education that my children are receiving at Canterbury. There is a high level of parent involvement and there are many activities for families during the school year. There is an after school program (at a cost) and several after school recreational programs are being offered. An overall great school!!

Canterbury Elementary School
2530 Canterbury Rd, Cleveland Heights, OH  44118
Last modified Canterbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canterbury Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.