Posted September 23, 2011
Awarded "Excellent with Distinction" for the 2010-11 school year by the Ohio State Board. What else is there to say? Only 8% of all schools earned this rating, the highest available. I'm sorry the naysayers below couldn't see where things were headed. We moved our child from a private school this year to Roxboro and could not be more pleased. The enthusiasm and communication from the staff has been amazing.

Posted April 30, 2011
Before we could investigate, we found out too late that this school and the CHUH system were ranked in the bottome 10 public school disrticts in the WHOLE area! Despite what the yah yah supporters spout off, this school is a disaster if you have any expectations for your child. You would be better offf investigating the strong private school offerings. The supporters are suspiciously like carnival barkers, onnly muchless credible!

Posted April 15, 2011
We are currently enrolled in at RoxEl. My son is in third grade and had previously attended a private school. He is thriving and absolutely loves it. The teachers are great and feel like the leadership at the school is fantastic. The principal has an extremely high level of service and is always striving to make the academic focus a top priority. The community of parents are really down to earth, professional and kind with a wide range of backgrounds. In addition to academics, there is a strong integration of Chinese (the children can start in Kindergarten), Art and Music. We also have an online gradebook so parents can see our child's grades real-time (starting at Grade 3) which is great as well as smartboards in every room so I feel like my child is being exposed to technology well.

Posted May 13, 2010
No More! Our children were intimidated and as parents we were left to figure it out. Let alone the school work which consists of unimaginative mimeographed worksheets. Despite the ramblings of the PR type posts below gushing about the 'diversity' and other such nonsense, the school is largely a reflection of non neighborhood students as the immediate Rox neighborhood has abandoned the school for sunnier climes. Our child will not be back and would not recommend this school unless you cannot move elsewhere.

Posted April 28, 2010
Roxboro is a 21st century school with many things to offer. We love the teachers and staff and our student feels at home at this school. Mrs. Grove is so approachable and an amazing leader for our school! Come into the buidling and you will feel a warm and inviting tone. As a neighborhood family, our famiy and many, many others support our public schools. We take pride in the diversity of our school and that is what makes Roxboro such a special place for our student!!

Posted April 27, 2010
As a member of the PTA and an active parent of Roxboro for the past twelve years, I am impressed and extremely proud of our school. My childen have all been through this school and Roxboro continues to be a star school. The focus is academics and the teachers continually find creative, academic and fun ways for our stduents to learn! The staff, administrator and parents work tirelessly to provide a learning environment that is inviting and welcoming to all. The large Roxboro family continues to grow and flourish. With the addition of the Chinese program this year, Roxboro continues to give their students an eduation that no private school can top. We are so very lucky to have Roxboro as our neighborhood school.

Posted April 16, 2010
I found the same problem as the last parent. When my child had problems at school, the first time I found out about these problems was on the report card. Due to difficulty on one math test, her math grade dropped from a A to a C. There was never any homework or classwork that indicated that I needed to spend extra time with her. The teacher allowed all the students to rework the test in class, choosing to help a few select students. I have had nothing but problems since my child started school there. Her take home folder is usually filled with 5 or 6 fliers that have nothing to do with educating my child. She has one teacher that 'screams' at the students on a daily basis. We will not be back next year either.

Posted April 15, 2010
We foolishly did not do our homework and instead were buffaloed by rah rah parents into enrolling our 2 children there after moving into the area last year. We found out that all that is going on there is 'crowd control' and no learning. We won't be back next year as the private schools in the area are head and shoulders better with a learning environment.

Posted June 12, 2009
The community has abandoned this school and kids are now being bussed in to backfill. The teachers are just 'crowd controlling' the unruly kids. If you have a high achieving kid , you would do yourself a favor to look elsewhere.

Posted April 21, 2009
Severe disciplinary problems and ethnic intimidation. Run don't walk from this school.

Contact Information

2405 Roxboro Rd
Cleveland Heights, OH 44106

Roxboro Elementary School
2405 Roxboro Rd, Cleveland Heights, OH  44106
Last modified Roxboro Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roxboro Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.