Bad
Good

I just recently graduated from Mayfield High School (2015) and I will have to say MHS is a very good school, best of the best education, and in a good area as well but this school is so far from perfect. The school aims to make sure it looks perfect, it feels perfect and you'll be convinced that it is perfect trust me. Yes they offer great education, but they will honestly put so much on your child it's sad. They give their students tons of AP classes which is so ridiculous and sad. They have just started a testing for freshmen when I was a senior there and the freshmen were tested on a numerous of occasions ranging from 10-15 big tests that they had to pass. I only had one freshmen friend and I asked her about the testing and she was exhausted and tired of the testing. She told me that by the 8th test she put anything and that's sad. I didn't go to Mayfield my entire life but before Mayfield I was at a really good school and I just couldn't understand why Mayfield was doing this to their students. I was so thankful that I didn't go to the school my whole life because I just felt so bad for these teenagers. I personally would not send my child here, yes they provide great education, but they put way too much on the teenagers and it's sad. There are other good schools in different areas of Ohio & in different states. Your child doesn't need to go to the best of the best high school to be the best. Remember that

I Loved mayfield the teachers were awesome sometimes they could be a little tough but later on you understand they just want to see you succeed they saw potential in me that i never found until mayfield i moved here form solon in 9th grade it was a much better experience i also loved being a mayfield athlete WRESTLING WRESTLING WRESTLING one of the best programs around i know its had a couple tough years but its in a rebuilding state soon mayfield will be back ontop with the new headcoach and some volunteers that used to be mayfield wrestlers also the football programs is very good also has had a couple though years without a playoff birth but they made it this year had a tough outing against EDS but theyve hit the ground running and are on the rise aswell as wrestling. if you attend MHS you should be proud you are apart of a great tradition

I graduated from Mayfield HS in 2007. I enjoyed my time at Mayfield. Every employee at MHS, whether teachers, counselors, or administration, is devoted to the students. This school can be a little clique -y, as a previous post described, but it is a high school. There's lots of extracurricular activities and tons of school pride.

got an A+ education and all went on to college!

As a parent of 2 Mayfield students I'm really proud to call Mayfield our School, the teachers, the parents involvedment in the school and all the extra curriculum activity made this School the BEST in NE OHIO.

As a graduate of Mayfield High School, I can attest to the great academics, strong curriculum, and devoted staff. The student body is extremely motivated and positive, and it is easy to get involved. I currently attend a prestigious research university, and Mayfield truly prepared me for this experience.

I work at Mayfield High School. I have to say that strong majority of the students are awesome (even most of the so called 'problem' students, they just want to be treated with respect and given attention). We have very little behavior issues compared with the schools around us. As far as the racism comment early, I couldn't disagree more. I am very impressed with how the majority of the students interact with each other.

I currently attend and it is an amazing school. The teachers are so helpful and really strive for the studnts to succeed.

I was raised and educated in the Mayfield School systems. For a public school, the staff and administration should receive medals for what they do. The boosters and alumni associations are active in their support of the schools and I would not have wanted to be in any other system. As a graduate, I can say I'm still proud to be a Mayfield Wildcat.

I am a graduate and I feel that Mayfield schools are not as great as everyone thinks. I feel acedemically it is not a strong high school. Kids that have a hard time with certain subjects are just overlooked. Schools should be rated from post graduates.

Last modified Mayfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.